This role is a unique opportunity to join Client and drive the future of digitizing the company. You will participate in data analysis and research that will be instrumental in both decision making and in shaping opinion of key leaders and influencers. You will be exposed to many teams within Client and will get to experience how different teams operate. In this role, you will compile and analyze data on what our agile teams are working on, research how other companies are approaching digitizing their business and provide project coordination for projects within our department. You will work directly with the Vice President of Engineering and report to the Senior Release Manager for the Subscriber Platform Group.
location: San Francisco, California
job type: Contract
salary: $34.70 - 38.06 per hour
work hours: 9 to 6
responsibilities: RESPONSIBILITIES: Data Analysis
- Ability to derive insights from random and disparate data sources
- Compare data across time horizons (sometimes year over year and sometimes sprint to sprint) to predict outcomes
- Export data from Jira, our Agile repository, and create reports to analyze historical trends across departments and teams
- Field and respond to ad hoc requests that may be time sensitive
- Present findings in polished Excel or PowerPoint presentations
- General responsibility for researching ideas and trends and applying that research to our current practice
- Research agile practices across Client and at other companies and compare them to the practices of SPG Engineering's agile teams
- Research best practices in engineering and identify industry benchmarks
- Introduce creative approaches to research topics. Generate new approaches, perspectives and solutions to problems
- Support agile teams in helping drive projects that are innovative and important to the success of Client. Examples include PCI Compliance 2018, Product Testing for First Customer Launch, ...
- Coordinate and track progress and implementation of projects
- Monitor deadlines, resolve scheduling issues, and track progress
Entry-Level position. Requires a bachelor's degree in a related field and 0 - 2 years experience in the field or a related area
- Excel - good with numbers, pivot tables, graphs, vlookups
- PowerPoint - skilled at creating slides and presenting data
- Bonus skills - SQL, Jira
- Communication - able to clearly communicate and present findings and recommendations to team members all the way through senior management
- Flexible and able to respond quickly to multiple priorities
- Quantitative and general problem solving skills; superior critical thinking
- Insightful and creative
- High degree of motivation; enthusiastic
- Strong interpersonal skills and team player
- Entry-Level position. Requires a bachelor's degree in a related field and 0 - 2 years experience in the field or a related area
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.