Randstad Technologies is looking for a dynamic Business Analyst with strong knowledge of ITSM processes to join one of our top clients in Pleasanton, CA.
You will be working in a cross-functional, multi-departmental environment in order to meet business needs.
location: Pleasanton, California
job type: Contract
salary: $33.47 - 48.00 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
education: High School
In this role, the ITSM analyst is primarily responsible to support platform engineering and operations team in managing and complying with ITSM processes & procedures. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Completes work assignments by applying up-to-date knowledge in subject area to meet deadlines; following procedures and policies, and applying data and resources to support projects or initiatives; collaborating with others, often cross-functionally, to solve business problems; supporting the completion of priorities, deadlines, and expectations; communicating progress and information; identifying and recommending ways to address improvement opportunities when possible; and escalating issues or risks as appropriate.
- Pursues self-development and effective relationships with others by sharing resources, information, and knowledge with coworkers and customers; listening, responding to, and seeking performance feedback; acknowledging strengths and weaknesses; assessing and responding to the needs of others; and adapting to and learning from change, difficulties, and feedback.
- Supports ITSM process and/or service implementation for designated ITSM initiatives by documenting process and/or service requirements and acceptance criteria from process owners and key stakeholders.
- Assists in the coordination of application/Infrastructure release management processes
- Collaborates with IT functions to assist in the development and implementation of performance metrics and measurement tools.
- Supports ITSM process and/or service improvement efforts for designated initiatives by participating in the development, documentation, maintenance, and auditing of ITSM processes, procedures, and workflow.
- Researches business needs, organizational characteristics, and industry best-practices to support the identification of gaps or deficiencies in new and existing processes, services, and service portfolios.
- Participates in the development, documentation, maintenance, and auditing of ITSM processes and procedures under the guidance of more senior analysts.
- Analyzes and validates process and/or performance metrics against success criteria to ensure effective control of expected deliverables.
- Escalates deficiencies with metrics according to established policies, practices, and standards as appropriate.
- Promotes adherence to ITSM policies and procedures.
- Assists in developing and maintaining documentations around application roadmaps and currency expectations
- Support with project coordination and communication efforts during platform/software upgrades
- Assists in developing roadmap for capacity assessment engagements on platforms and applications
- Partner with shared service IT groups in managing platform currency timelines
- Partner with Application Services Group to influence best practices in operational support, continuous optimization opportunities to ensure platform stability/availability
- Manage vendor governance around managing SLAs, Service catalog and adherence to statement of work
- Develop solution/development guidelines to ensure performance requirements are incorporated early enough to avoid critical incidents in production
Bachelor's Degree in CIS, Business Administration, or related field and Minimum three (3) years of IT experience. Additional equivalent work experience may be substituted for the degree requirement
- Two (2) years in a leadership role working with process or service teams.
- One (1) year of work experience in a role requiring interaction with senior leadership (e.g., Director level and above)
- Two (2) years experience working in a large matrixed organization.
- Two (2) years experience implementing or supporting ITSM processes or services.
- Two (2) years experience in the configuration of ITSM software and tool(s).
- Two (2) years experience working within an IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) framework.
- Two (2) years experience in process modeling.
- One (1) year experience in the development and delivery of IT process/service metrics and reporting.
- One (1) year experience in organizational change management.
- Two (2) years experience writing documentation or standard operating procedures related to IT support or deployment.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.