job summary: The Corporate Operations Group (COG) is responsible for a variety of functions including:
The Incident Management function is part of the Technology Service Management Team and is responsible for timely restoration of service outages across all business applications and infrastructure. As an Incident Manager, you'll act to ensure that Incident Management processes are followed correctly to ensure timely resolution and post incident follow up. The key purpose is to restore normal operations as quickly as possible with the least possible down time for business critical services. Primary focus is on business critical incidents, across Macquarie's global business groups.
- Managing Macquarie's technology infrastructure.
- Supporting, maintaining and enhancing existing business systems.
- Delivering and deploying new systems, technologies and services.
Working with various internal and external technology partners to ensure timely service restoration, develop and deliver ITIL framework based methodologies, and document relevant processes to ensure that incidents are being managed within the service level agreements as per customer expectations and within contractual boundaries.
You will also need to use your initiative to take ownership of process issues and work with other support parties (internal and external), to ensure these objectives are met.
Key requirements for the role include significant IT Incident and Problem Management experience in an ITIL environment. As you're often working in high pressure situations with executives through to technicians, strong communication and stakeholder management skills are absolute necessities.
location: Houston, Texas
job type: Contract
work hours: 8 to 5
responsibilities: Key Responsibilities:
- End to end ownership of incidents with potential or actual business impact.
- Drives restoration of impacted service while meeting the required service levels.
- Manages the Incident triage calls, assess incident priority based on potential risk / business impact and urgency.
- Prepares and sends out Incident Notifications across the organization
- Keeps the incident ticket compliant with the required information and regularly updated.
- Chairs technical meetings and manages tasks across allocated resources from multiple teams. Prepares incident Runsheet and ensures tasks are completed on time and in good quality.
- Decides and triggers both technical and hierarchal escalations
- Invokes and assists on implementing BCP procedures for infrastructure, applications, resources and offices when required.
- Manages emergency power downs of devices in the data centre or communications room.
- Reviews and sponsors urgent changes required to resolve incidents or to meet target deadlines.
- Creates and drive problem tickets and associated tasks for root cause investigation of managed incidents.
- Keeps track of operational improvement areas and suggests process improvement base on case studies to Service Owners.
- 2 years + experience in an Incident Manager / Service Management role.
- 5 years + experience working in an IT related Service Industry with basic working knowledge of infrastructure technologies such as, but not limited to, different Unix server platforms Wintel systems, relational database systems, networking protocols and topologies, and collaboration technologies.
- Vendor management \ relationship experience.
- Experience with a Service Management Toolkit such as Remedy.
- Financial Industry knowledge.
skills: The following characteristics are considered essential for the role:
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work as part of a global team.
- Excellent oral communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively across technical and business staff
- Excellent written communication skills and ability to compose notifications with concise business and technical details within a short period of time.
- Ability to multi task and prioritize amongst multiple ongoing issues.
- Assertive and is able to manage client expectations.
- Positive working attitude with a sense of ownership and urgency.
- Advocate of continuous process improvement coupled with the drive and tenacity to finish an initiative with the goal of making a difference within the organization.
- Ability to quickly adapt to organizational changes and new processes.
- Able to work on a shift schedule including weekends.
- Prior experience as an Incident Manager in a DevOps operating environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.