Sr Network Engineer
HOURS: 4PM - 12AM
DAYS: MON - FRI
The Network Engineer position will be part of the Engineering Delivery Group within the Information Technology Division. This position is responsible to provide network engineering support for the delivery of multi-site enterprise and data center environments; including the evaluation, design, implementation and troubleshooting of network and security infrastructure technologies and solutions.
location: Reston, Virginia
job type: Contract
salary: $55 - 60 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
education: High School
- Support critical large-scale projects in the areas of Network and Security.
- Work closely with technology and business stakeholders to understand goals, identify requirements, support security risk assessments, design and implement solutions.
- Provide technical guidance, develop design documents, perform product installation, upgrades and certification, implementation plan, deployment and troubleshooting.
- Diagnose, solve and provide root cause analysis for hardware and network related issues.
- Understand and advocate Network & Security standards, reference architectures and robust/scalable/secure Network & Security infrastructure, its outcome and ongoing results.
- Coordination with Operations team for the design, build and production readiness of Network and Security infrastructure solutions supporting mission critical production environments.
- Ensure decisions around Network and Security solutions are made and deviations from standards are properly identified, addressed and communicated.
- Stay current with developing technologies and predict impact of changing technologies.
- Identify opportunities to simplify and keep the Network and Security infrastructure current.
- Provide effective written and oral communication at all levels of management, peers and customers.
- Communicate effectively with clients to identify business needs, development efforts and evaluate alternative technical solutions and strategies.
- Continually define ways to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships
- Bachelor's degree in information technology, engineering, computer science, related field or equivalent experience.
- 10 years of relevant experience in IT Network Engineering and Operations
- 7+ years in a senior level engineering role engaged with IP network technologies including LAN switching, BGP/OSPF routing, VPLS/MPLS, traffic engineering, server load balancing, network security, network monitoring.
- Understand High Availability and Disaster Recovery concepts as apply to Network and Security designs.
- 7+ years of experience with the design, configuration, implementation and troubleshooting of Cisco IOS, Cisco Nexus Switches and Routers, Cisco Firepower IDS/IPS and VPN (ASA), F5 Load Balancers, Checkpoint and Palo Alto Firewalls, Arista Switches, Bluecoat Proxy
- Experience with NTP, DNS and DHCP infrastructure design.
skills: Preferred Skills:
- Experience with SDN design for large scale multi-site data center environments
- Experience with Palo Alto Firewalls
- Experience with cloud network and security design and implementation
- Must be able to effectively perform both independently and collaboratively as a strong team contributor.
- Ability to adapt to change; provide quality and on-time delivery.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills required.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.