Senior Agile Coach Job Description
The Agile Coach will be responsible for facilitating, planning and implementing the Agile adoption initiative for multiple software delivery teams.
The ideal candidate will have a track record of successfully helping organizations transform and a strong background in software development lifecycles.
Additionally, the ideal candidate will be a seasoned, mature, and organizationally savvy leader with a broad understanding how to effectively facilitate change an organization. The candidate must be an excellent listener, possess outstanding facilitation and conflict-resolution skills, the ability to work in collaborative environments, and have an energetic, self-motivated, value-driven and customer-focused mindset.
location: Boston, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
salary: $90 - 95 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
responsibilities: Primary Responsibilities
- Coach, mentor, and advise technology, business, and management teams in applying Agile values, principles, frameworks, and approaches.
- Develop and conduct training sessions and workshops to further support agile adoption.
- Coach, mentor, and guide teams in Agile release planning, kickoff, and sprint planning events.
- Coach and mentor teams in creating, managing, and using product backlogs, identifying project interdependencies, and delivering value using doneness and acceptance criteria.
- Encourage and promote established engineering practices like unit testing, pair programming, test-driven development, and continuous integration.
- Encourage and promote engineering practices that lead to an appropriate level of quality; foster learning and use of automated testing.
- Guide Scrum Masters in facilitating Scrum events and activities (sprint planning, daily scrum, sprint review, sprint retrospective, backlog refinement, release planning).
- Develop Scrum Master and Product Owner skills in team members.
- Guide teams in using and sharing data to improve outcomes, delivery, and organizational support.
- Guide teams in removing impediments, finding agreement, and resolving conflicts; promote continuous improvement and continuous transparency throughout delivery cycles.
- Assist teams in effective use of JIRA and Confluence for sharing delivery data and progress across locations and time.
qualifications: Required Experience
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience in training, mentoring, and coaching teams in adopting and maintaining an Agile mindset, with deep experience in employing Scrum, Kanban, and modern engineering practices.
- Hands-on experience as a Scrum Master, leading complex multiple technology programs/projects using Scrum; experience with other Agile approaches.
- Experience using tools like Jira, Version One, or Rally (CA Agile Central).
- Experience coaching geographically dispersed teams across multiple time zones.
- 15+ years of IT experience, with end-to-end experience on large-scale systems development projects and process improvements efforts.
skills: Preferred Experience
- Experience delivering and supporting IT projects in the financial/investment domain.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.