job summary: Lead Systems Administrator (Advisory)
A leader in IT is currently seeking a full time Advisory Lead Systems Engineer to join their ranks in Raleigh, NC.
location: Raleigh, North Carolina
job type: Permanent
work hours: 8 to 5
This role will collaborate with internal and customer-facing teams to understand and execute requirements for implementations/day-to-day support of multiple complex IT solutions.
Technical experience supporting and implementing enterprise-scale solutions in a fast-paced environment, with a demonstrated hands-on, focused approach to systems delivery is a must. Strong communication and planning skills coupled with a track record of successful operating system, network and database implementations in a large enterprise is key to this role.
- B.S in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar
- Hands-on experience with application hosting within a virtualized technical infrastructure environment.
- Experience with Windows Server 2008, 2012, 2016 within a large enterprise environment, and familiarity with enterprise network, storage and database systems.
- Ability to design and manage operating system deployments, and troubleshoot complex operational issues and resolve problems.
- Experience defining systems architecture roadmaps for a product portfolio.
- Experience with deployment automation using DevOps tools/principles
- Scripting experience using tools like PowerShell
- Experience with Microsoft Azure / AWS deployments
- Hands-on experience with enterprise networking, firewalls, load balancing, storage
- Ability to solve customer issues as needed to complete business deliverables.
- Excellent communication skills, strong sense of personal accountability and desire to take ownership and drive deployment and issue resolution.
- Experience mentoring junior staff and working with support teams to address issues and improve processes
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.