Acts in a strategic role in the development and maintenance of architectures for a line of business or inftrastructure sub-domain that are in compliance with the Enterprise Architecture. Responsible for working on medium to high architectual impact projects, recommending exceptions to the Enterprise Architecture for high level projects, reviewing and approving medium architectural impact designs, communicating the Enterprise Architecture strategy and direction to both management and systems related teams within their line of business or infrastructure sub-domain (organizational unit) and directing implementation of the architecture for their organizational unit. Serves as the highest-level technical consultant to internal clients and technical management to ensure conformity with Enterprise Architecture, having expertise across a broad portion of the organizational unit's architecture, or in-depth expertise within a more specific portion of the architecture.: 10+ years design and planning experience in systems, applications or IT Architecture.
location: Charlotte, North Carolina
job type: Contract
salary: $60 - 65 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
Internet Technology Services (ITS) designs, implements and supports the infrastructure for Small Businesses. Our goal is to design and implement infrastructure that will support hundreds of thousands of simultaneous users while providing our customers the fast, simple, secure, engaging and relevant experience they want. This position is responsible for designing the infrastructure for multiple platforms within the Channel. The position will lead teams within both the ITS channel and across the enterprise in researching and proposing solutions to support over 22 million online and 11 million mobile customers. In addition, the candidate will be responsible for providing in-depth technical systems consultation to internal business clients and senior technical management to ensure alignment with the Enterprise Architecture. Candidate should have experience conducting complex technology and system assessments
- Demonstrated technical expertise and comprehensive knowledge of design of infrastructure to support a high volume, multi-tier website (minimum 10 mm customers). Does not have to be a financial website.
- Ability to influence across all organizational levels, particularly senior management.
- Recent and demonstrated ability to influence management on technical or business solutions.
- Demonstrated wide application of technical principles, practices, and procedures to multiple applications.
- Demonstrated experience providing technical leadership in the infrastructure development space.
- Experience in leading / facilitating analysis of current systems and problem identification and resolution.
- Ability to lead / facilitate technically complex discussions and working sessions in person or via teleconference.
- Experience in partnering with developers and architects from other teams to build solutions and resolve system and business problems.
skills: Preferred Skills - Not all are needed, but must have at least one.
- Experience with configuring and supporting application server software such as Weblogic, WebSphere, MQ, Databases, etc.
- Experience with designing and implementing High Availability Database Configurations.
- Experience with designing and implementing complex F5 LTM configurations.
- In depth experience with Solaris and/or Linux O/S capabilities.
- Experience with Solaris and/or VMWare Virtualization technologies.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.