UX Designer / Architect
This is a blended role, combining the skills of a User Experience Analyst and Architect. The UX Designer will primarily function as the "voice of the user" by determining what users of the product are trying to accomplish, what are their expectations and determine opportunities to improve usability and translate those into requirements and design direction. He/she must champion this information within the product organization during the ideation and design phases. User Experience Analyst ensures that user needs, limitations, and attitudes are accounted for in the design. This role will be responsible for designing and conducting user-centered design research and usability testing and have the ability to create detailed screen wireframes to effectively communicate designs to product management, design, and development teams.
location: Mossville, Illinois
job type: Contract
salary: $59 - 64 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
1. Define audience needs and translate those into concepts for compelling interactions and user experience.
2. Document functional/business requirements and prototype user experience and interaction specifications.
3. Clarify research goals based on input from cross-functional process partners.
4. Plan user research activities such as participant recruiting and scheduling, materials production, lab preparation, and other logistics.
5. Facilitate design, concept and prototype sessions; develop an effective and efficient prototyping/storyboard process to communicate user experience visions to stakeholders.
6. Translate research findings into actionable, prioritized recommendations.
7. Prepare, document and present findings and recommendations to stakeholders.
8. Develop wireframe-quality mockups of screens and interaction designs, as well as document process flow.
1. The User Experience Analyst primarily functions as the "voice of the user" by determining what users of the application (or of a particular feature) are trying to accomplish, what are their expectations, and identify the blocks to their success - 40%
2. Conducting user-centered design research and usability testing - 30%
3. Facilitate design, concept and prototype sessions with stakeholders - 10%
4. Prepare and document findings and recommendations for stakeholders using methods such as wireframe, storyboards, mockups and user flows - 10%
5. Analyze and present results of research to management - 10%
skills: - 3 - 5 years of experience in user research, user interface design, information architecture, usability testing, human factors, marketing and other related disciplines within a consultative or corporate environment
- Must possess a thorough understanding of operator interface best practices, UI design, and essential graphic design theory. Best practices will evolve over time and require the individual to stay current.
- Ability to manage and coordinate multiple projects.
- Excellent traceability of decisions and tasks undertaken.
- Able to produce results independently as well as collaboratively in a team environment.
- Outstanding communication, organization, time management, and interpersonal skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.