The ideal candidates has hands on experience using test and measurement solutions in prior work, and demonstrate an ability to leverage this experience to deepen internal test efforts and be responsive to customer issues. Essential experience for the candidate includes Linux operating system awareness and usage, script writing, a deep knowledge and firsthand experience using sensors and test and measurement solutions. Inclusive with sensors would be voltages, bridges, strain gauges, digital input and output, digital filters, and vehicle buses such as CAN, J1939, AUTOSAR, OBD2, etc..
location: Champaign, Illinois
job type: Permanent
salary: $80,000 - 90,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
- Writing test specifications for new and existing products
- Development and maintenance of software regression test suites
- Assist in the development of new software products to include testing methodologies
- Select and test off the shelf or custom products as appropriate.
- Develop automated tests and test sets to exercise product stability and to reduce test cycle times
- Running regression tests on products prior to customer release
- Track all issues in a ticket tracking system
- Provide continuous feedback on issues to local and global development teams
- Actively contributing during department meetings and project-specific meetings
- Supporting Customer Service and Production Departments as requested
- Completing other duties as assigned
- Generate and maintain metrics on product quality and test coverage
- Own the release process and approval of the product for customer issuance
- Create/support user documentation.
- Familiarity with SCRUM methodology
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering or equivalent work experience
- Ability to understand both black box and unit test
- Ability to think creatively on how a product is used by the customer and provide use case scenarios that stress the product
- Ability to define and specify the operation of product features
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly motivated individual who takes initiative
- Ability to work independently and on global teams
- High standard of professional integrity
- Engineering background
- Experience with data acquisition technologies
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.