Web Developer/Accessibility Specialist
Do you want to improve the universal usability of web sites and applications for all customers? Our Design's Center of Excellence seeks a professional with demonstrated expertise in applied Web Accessibility and Inclusive Design.
location: South Boston, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
salary: $50 - 55 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Coach project teams in addressing Accessibility & Inclusive design from requirements, through early design concepts, implementation, and testing.
- Train teams and different functional roles in Accessibility, including tools and processes.
- Help product owners implement their Accessibility strategy.
- Support teams in making pattern libraries accessible.
- Handle customer complaints and feedback and work with relevant teams to address them.
- Conduct or support audits of web and mobile products, as necessary.
- Help define how Accessibility & Inclusive Design should be integrated at Client.
- Participate in strategic projects to forward Accessibility at Fidelity (creation of a testing tool, new intranet site, framework agnostic pattern library, user research, hackathons).
- Bachelor's degree and 3+ years experience in Web Design or Development field
- Expertise in Section 508, WCAG 2.1, WAI-ARIA, HTML5 and Web Standards
- Expertise in making web applications, PDF, and video content accessible
- Experience with Angular, React, WPF, iOS and Android accessibility
- Understanding of cross browser differences when making accessibility recommendations
- Basic fluency with assistive technologies including JAWS, NVDA, ZoomText, Dragon Naturally Speaking - and understanding of the experience for those using assistive technologies - or other accessibility features
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent initiatives and adapt to their changing needs
- Passion in advocating for, and creating, great user experiences
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience incorporating Accessibility into Agile development processes
- Front-end development experience
- Strong design, usability, and analytical skills
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.