Our client, a Global Financial Services organization is seeking a Project Manager, with responsibility for managing cross-functional teams of IT professionals and product management/business stakeholders on strategic development initiatives. The Project Manager will be the individual ultimately responsible for the delivery of these projects and their successful implementation and adoption.
location: New York, New York
job type: Permanent
salary: $100,000 - 120,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
- Scoping, developing and managing plans/schedules/deliverables for multiple or strategic projects
- Ensuring project timelines, activities, resources and budgets are managed appropriately
- Managing stakeholder expectations and negotiating with project stakeholders to determine most accurate and appropriate definition of project scope and schedule
- Working closely with information technology, application development, and analytical business units in the interpretation of requirements and the translation into design specifications
- Eagerness to participate on a team designing, building and/or testing cloud infrastructure focused solutions.
- Maintaining inventory and asset tracking information of both standard and custom home-grown business-critical applications and ensuring successful migration to the cloud
- Collaboratively work with IT development leads to understand and communicate to senior management strategies and solutions as it relates to all facets -- including servers, databases, storage devices, etc.
- Understand the strategic direction set by senior management as it relates to team goals.
- Working closely with outsource development vendors
- Tracking performance against objectives and developing corrective strategies when objectives are not being met
- Resolving conflicting priories in scope, schedule and cost for projects among various stakeholder groups
- Managing the efforts of multiple project teams concurrently
- Making presentations to senior-level management
- Additional projects and assignments as assigned
- Must be hands-on, with ability to work well as a member of a distributed team
- Capable of playing many roles on a project as needed, such as documenting requirements, developing user acceptance and QA test cases, providing technical support, etc
- Take initiative in developing new processes, improvement activities, and reporting within the PMO
- Strong background of project management
- 5+ years of experience with working knowledge of the software development life cycle methodologies
- Background in financial data products and financial services applications; commercial financial data product and quantitative analytics model development project management a plus
- Demonstrated ability to plan and manage projects which span both business and IT disciplines.
- Ability to analyze, translate, specify business needs into IT deliverables
- Strong business planning, organizing, prioritizing and analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to work across groups and geographies and with all levels of hierarchy
- Proactive and innovativeAbility to understand technical complexities, relate to the team, provide better insight into the accuracy of estimations, and be able to identify risks proactively and efficiently
- Experience working on multiple complex projects that are business critical
- Experience and desire to develop, progress and manage a large technical team
- PRINCE2 or PMP certification helpful
- Familiarity with Agiloft, Jama or Jira a plus
- Strong communication skills with an ability to effectively lead cross-functional team discussions
- Excellent time management skills with an ability to achieve results in a matrix management environment
- Self-starter who can hit the ground running in understanding design and development for any project; feeds background a plus
- Understand technology and software development methodologies
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Services, Engineering or similar
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.