We are hiring a Senior UX Designer in Philadelphia, PA.
The Sr. UX Designer will have a hands-on role in the design of consumer-facing experiences for new as well as existing customers. You'll help shape product benefits around user needs to create engaging and intuitive user interfaces, with both sales and customer satisfaction driven results. As part of your day-to-day, you'll collaborate with team Creative Director and other designers, as well as product, engineering, sales and content strategy and research teams. You'll help drive the delivery of digital applications that feature outstanding user experience and elegant design aesthetics
location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
job type: Contract
work hours: 8 to 4
- Take responsibility for the user interface: identify problems, propose solutions, recommend implementations, and execute UI solutions to improve the user experience.
- Create pixel-perfect, world-class user interfaces and original, eye-catching visual design.
- Deliver high quality work on tight schedules in a dynamic, agile product environment.
- Produce interactive prototypes for internal experimentation and usability testing, and test UI in a rigorous, data-driven way.
- Demonstrate a command of usability and accessibility standards in partnership with visual and interface design disciplines and principles.
- Have a broad experience and a deep understanding of users to recommend UI features that solve customer needs.
- Write intuitive style guides and design specifications with a focus towards engineering implementation.
- Support, communicate, course-correct, and revise through the development phase, partnering closely with the Development team to ensure high quality launches.
- Maintain a critical eye and an obsessive attention to detail.
- A portfolio that showcases several recent e-commerce designs is required for consideration. Mobile site/mobile phone and/or tablet apps designs a plus.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent; Design, Information Sciences, Technology
- Generally requires 5-8 years of related experience
- Minimum 6 years of UI and visual design experience within a digital agency or product team.
- Experience leading development of comprehensive and versatile digital design systems, including interaction design standardization and principles.
- Experience in iconography, symbol design, and data visualization.
- Expert typesetting and typographic design skills.
- Deep knowledge of cross-platform web/mobile usability standards and UI specifications.
skills: - Understanding of design and technical capabilities/limitations of leading email and browser technology.
- Skilled in taking a project from exploratory and conceptual version, through to final production assets.
- Proven ability to multi-task and execute against multiple projects running in parallel paths.
- Ability to collaborate with copywriters and business stakeholders for successful marketing related launches.
- Ability to present ideas and concepts to business and executive-level stakeholders, with clear data-driven reasoning to solutions.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.