This is an exciting time for our client and we're looking for a Sr. IT Business Analyst who is passionate about working in a successful and fun environment. The right person will have extensive experience gathering requirements, writing business requirements for software releases, be client-facing, and have experience working in a fast-paced environment with weekly/monthly software releases.
location: Plano, Texas
job type: Contract
salary: $35 - 45 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
- Assume responsibility for the technology side of one or more long-term client software projects.
- Gather, clarify, and validate business requirements through ongoing active relationships with the project stakeholders.
- Responsible for setting an agenda, preparing presentation material, facilitating discussions including standing up and leading the meeting.
- Manage expectations with clients via in-person and written communication.
- Write business requirements and technical specifications. (Please be prepared to submit a writing sample.)
- Translate business requirements into technology solutions. Must be able to maintain both technical and business perspective for each project.
- Organize and maintain project documentation, including Points-of-View, Scopes, Estimates, Impact Analyses, and large full-system requirements documents.
- Assist in the testing effort. Work with the Q/A team to devise a test plan. Produce and run test cases to ensure the application is working as designed.
- Manage change request process for existing applications.
- Mentor junior members of the team on all aspects of the Business Analyst role including facilitation skills, examination of deliverables and provide guidance on areas of improvement.
- Help determine highest priority requirements for the team and manage change to those priorities/requirements
- Taking a leading role in resolution of escalated issues, and advocate for enhancements in subsequent product releases as necessary
qualifications: Experience and Skills Required:
- At least five years experience in gathering and documenting business requirements and functional specifications for complex technology solutions
- In depth experience working with API's - need to fully understand how the data moves through the process. Clients proprietary platform has 88 API's they can call to
- Experience participating in and conducting requirements gathering sessions
- Understanding of time management skills and correct use of resources
- Extensive client interaction experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft suite of desktop applications (MS-Office, MS-Project, and Visio, Word, Excel)
- Ability to create and maintain a complex word document with tables, table of content, graphics, etc.
- Experience working with various methodologies to gather requirements and implement projects; agile experience preferred.
- Proven ability to prioritize, multi-task and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Knowledge of project management tools/methodologies
- Ability to work with a variety of people (creative, technical, management, and account management)
- Excellent written and verbal communications/ability to communicate complex ideas and technical issues
- Working understanding of all facets of Web development, including strategies, design and implementation
- Database experience; able to write SQL query, comfortable with relational databases.
- Prefer experience in Customer Loyalty or CRM
skills: Must be super technical: in depth experience with API's and SQL
Must be client facing
Must have a great personality
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.