job summary: Senior Automation Engineer
We are looking for a senior automation engineer to join a fast paced, highly collaborative scrum team delivering the entire end-to-end application suite.
Quality is important to this team, as is our reputation for honesty and openness in dealing with each other and our partners.
location: Durham, North Carolina
job type: Contract
salary: $50 - 55 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
- Understands Business Objectives in the context of the team's work
- Reviewing and analysing client-specific user stories
- Collaborating with project team to understand and prioritize functional and automated testing efforts
- Defining system test scenarios, participating in the definition and execution of automated system test scripts
- Creating of Automation scripts on a daily basis
- Developing testing scenarios and scripts using only automated tools
- Documenting and reporting on identified system testing issues in Jira and participate in defect triage and test status meetings
- Identifying defects in multiple environments and throughout all phases of the development life cycle.
- Ensuring that development groups address all open defects in a timely manner.
- Analysing current processes and propose recommendations for process improvements
We're Looking For
- BS or MS Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or equivalent preferred
- 5+ years' experience in IT
- 5+ years of Software Quality Assurance & Test Automation or relevant experience Investment/financial services experience favorable.
- Appreciation of financial services a plus
- Ability to work effectively with product development and systems management
skills: The Skills
- Strong experience in automation tools such as Soatest and Selenium
- 3+ years hands on Automation experience is a must (UI or Services)
- Experience working within an Agile environment is essential
- Able to triage and analyse defects and bugs within DB/Services Or UI layers
- Strong SQL experience needed
- Java skills are a must
- Experience in REST services
- Willingness to learn
- Able to deal with very frequent change
- Experience of working with CI/CD is a plus
- Technical skills that include a good understanding of relational databases, file processing and web-enabling technologies
- Strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to work multiple tasks simultaneously and to prioritize and balance multiple tasks
- Interpersonal skills, ability to maintain good working relationships with partners
- Helps to define Quality standards and automation best practices for team
- Creates and contributes to an environment of continuous improvement
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.