Our client, a distributor in Edison, NJ, is looking for a Lead ETL DataStage Developer to join the team as they move to version 11.5. This is a hands-on role.
location: Edison, New Jersey
job type: Permanent
salary: $110,000 - 120,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
This role is hands-on and focuses on ETL DataStage. This is a hands-on role.
- Proficiency in developing strategies for Extraction, Transformation and Loading (ETL) mechanism
- Expertise in designing parallel jobs using various stages like Join, Merge, Lookup, Remove duplicates, Filter, Dataset, Lookup file set, Complex flat file, Modify, Aggregator, XML, MQ, Hierarchical
- Experience in schema designing for data marts, data transformation and data integration
- Expertise in designing complex SQL queries joining more than 10 tables with aggregations, partitions, order by, etc
- Ability to analyze customer requirements and transform them into technical design specifications
- Experience in production support with quick turn-around time for hot fixes
- Experience in any of the following will make you a stronger candidate: DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Enterprise scheduling.
- Experience developing projects that have high level of complexity, being responsible for structuring the work, prioritizing and assigning project tasks, providing guidance and resolving issues.
- Create, update and publish interface documentation, system diagrams, presentations, workflows, project plans, risk logs and issue logs.
- Knowledge of DW, Data Virtualization (LDW) and Data Lake
- Understand data and business needs
- Understand Retail Data Model is a plus
- Able to design efficient and sustainable ETL processes to support BI and Analytical Requirements
- Perform technical walkthroughs of DataStage programs for design and development peer reviews.
- Excellent understanding of data warehouse concepts and experience implementing data warehouse using DataStage ETL tool
- Knowledge of DBMS including Relational vs Columnar vs Distributed
- Strong knowledge of relational and dimensional database concepts
- Experience working with Information Analyzer, Metadata Workbench, Business Glossary ( Governance Catalog ) is a plus Knowledge of Unix shell scripting is a plus
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience in IBM DataStage (8+ years).
- Proven experience in Analysis, Design, Development, Testing and Implementation (all phase of software development life cycle - SDLC) including low-level Design.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.