Senior QA Engineer #7441
The Senior Quality Assurance Engineer will be required to work in a fast-paced Agile environment.
The systems will be: learning management systems, web services, and backend data testing.
location: Reston, West Virginia
job type: Contract
salary: $45.00 - 56.25 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
- Appropriate quality certifications ( Lead Auditor, ASQ CQA, ASQ CQE, Six Sigma Green/Black Belt, etc. )
- 10+ years process and quality engineering experience
- Experience using multiple quality improvement methodologies, tools, and techniques to drive significant change and improvement
- Proven ability to lead diverse cross-functional teams in quality improvement projects
- Experience developing and analyzing quality performance metrics
- Quality Management System implementation knowledge and experience, such as ISO
- Experience in corrective action program, root cause analysis and basic statistics
- Experience in vendor quality management techniques
RELATED SKILLS & OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to mentor diverse cross-functional teams in quality improvement tools and methodologies
- Highly collaborative individual with ability to influence others and build strong professional relationships
- Excellent communication (writing, speaking, presentation)
- Strong process perspective and continuous improvement mindset
- Strong analytical thinking and structured, creative problem solving ability
- Ability to manage relationships with multiple levels of management
- Excellent group/ cross-functional team facilitation skills
- Strong knowledge of multiple Quality improvement methodologies and tools
- Flexibility and desire to quickly adapt to new methods, situations, and various requirements
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Solid organizational, time & task management skills
- Ability to effectively handle multiple situations simultaneously
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to travel
- Experience in a high-volume data and transaction intensive processing operation
- Strong project management experience
While agile/scrum team experience is important, they should have the ability to push back or challenge developers/others if they don't agree with a certain approach. Basically not just a "doer" or "executioner" ... but someone that's a thought leader and/or critical thinker.
skills: * Ability to author Gherkin scripts
* Webdriver.io or Selenium
* Experience with CI/CD pipelines
* Proficiency with Docker
* AWS experience
- B.S. Degree in an appropriate engineering or operations field
***All candidates who are interested in being considered for this role, MUST be able to be converted to a full-time W2 employee with our client eventually, without sponsorship - even though it is only a contract role, at this time.
If you or someone you know may be interested - please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org ASAP!
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.