Sr. Software Engineer (Java)
The Senior Software Engineer will operate as the digital technical lead focusing on our clients cross-functional digital marketing platform.
This individual is responsible for the successful onboarding and overall technological direction for multiple enhancement and new development projects as well as support on their legacy platform.
You will work as a liaison between multiple cross-functional teams to design and deliver high quality, scalable technical solutions.
The successful candidate will be able to display thought leadership, technical prowess, and the ability to manage cross-division, cross-functional teams from project inception to completion. Day-to-Day:
This individual is responsible for the development of multiple enhancement and new development projects as well as support on their legacy platform. They will be working on the legacy digital marketing platform as well as the new cutting edge marketing platform
location: Chicago, Illinois
job type: Contract
salary: $75 - 85 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
- Hands-on Java/J2EE development.
- Establish and manage solid principles for modern software design, with emphasis on usability, high-availability, high performance and scalability.
- Develop Java components using web services, JMS, and other technologies for application and relational database integration.
- Debug and maintenance of existing software.
- Be the subject matter expert on software build & deployment of applications from development through production environments and advise on best practices.
- Collaborate with other teams to add instrumentation and monitoring to support production environments.
- Analyze, define and document requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, hardware and operating system environment, interfaces with other systems, internal and external checks, controls, and outputs.
- Development and maintenance of test automation (unit, integration, run via CI).
- Create an automated update to configuration management system required for Operations.
- 3-5+ years work experience within software technology.
- Expert in Java, J2EE, JSP, SpringBoot/Spring, Hibernate.
- Proven ability to design systems and services that remains highly available.
- Proficiency with synchronous and asynchronous patterns of data transport - specifically REST services and messaging/message buses.
- Experience with HTTP caching technologies.
- Experience with conceptual and logical database design for Oracle.
- Requires 3 years of software build engineering experience in a SaaS environment.
- Previous experience using AWS, GitHub, Chef, and Jenkins is preferred.
- Expertise on build tools Ant, Gradle and Maven is a plus.
- Versioned Oracle schema management experience.
- Experience deploying builds on Hadoop, Cloudera, Postgres, and MongoDB are a plus.
- Good understanding of Atlassian products Jira, Confluence.
- Experience with Java application servers and J2EE containers (JBOSS and Tomcat).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
skills: Key Skills:
- REST API Development experience
- Hiring team is going to evaluate soft skill very heavily; looking for strong problem solving, someone that can work through issues and come up with creative solutions
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.