This position will be responsible for designing, developing and maintaining complex web applications. The successful candidate will demonstrate ability to own all design & development aspects of a full implementation, and be able to take the product from concept to production through following high level tasks: analysis of requirements to drive further clarification; propose, define and document sound design/refactoring options & alternatives; create sound pre-development estimates and assign tasks to other developers; develop application code and unit tests; integrate with other applications as necessary; deliver integrated application components to Testing and Quality Assurance team and support delivery to Production environment.
location: New York, New York
job type: Permanent
salary: $120,000 - 124,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
Strong analytical and problem solving skills, high level of technical competency & leadership, attention to detail and the ability to communicate effectively (written & verbal) are also critical success factors for this role. Professional certifications and continuing education history must suggest knowledge and familiarity with J2EE design & development techniques.
Relevant job functions & position requirements include:
- Design complex, high traffic web-based applications using Object-oriented design and patterns
- Experience with frameworks Spring MVC, Spring Batch, Spring Boot, Spring Data, etc.
- Experience developing search applications using Apache SOLR is preferred
- Ability to work with Oracle and MongoDB databases - knowledge of database programming using PL/SQL and other NoSQL databases is highly desired
- Experience developing using Groovy
- Familiarity with Functional Programming and Microservice Architecture is desirable
- Familiarity with stream processing using Apache Storm and Event Driven Architecture is desirable
- Familiarity with Rich Client internet applications is desirable
- Experience working with version control system Git or similar
- Working knowledge of defect tracking and configuration management systems - preferably, JIRA and Confluence
- Develop detailed work breakdown structure for analysis, design, development and deployment activities
- Attention to detail including - maintaining issues lists and timely status reporting build applications deployed on Tomcat
- Ability to perform application trouble-shooting and lead root-cause analysis
- Ability to identify performance bottlenecks and come up with ways to address those issues
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Technology or Engineering or at least 10 years of experience in IT
- 6+ years of disciplined application design and development experience, preferably in the Internet or software industry
- Demonstrated strong development skills in Java SE
- Demonstrated strong experience with Groovy
- Experience with designing and developing web-based applications for moderate to high traffic sites - experience at an internet company highly desirable
- Hands-on experience using Web 2.0 technologies like AJAX, JQuery and data exchange with XML and JSON formats.
- Experience developing unit and integration tests using Junit, Spock, and Spring Testing framework
- Experience setting up Apache web server and Tomcat on Windows and Linux systems
- Familiarity with Linux systems and using shell commands
- Experience with application packaging and deployment tools - e.g., Maven, Gradle.
- Prior responsibilities that required communication and coordination across different groups: e.g., Engineering, QA, Operations and Project Management. History of increasing responsibilities is desirable.
- Strong organizational and communication skills, both verbal and written.
skills: Preferred skills:
- Prior Design and Development experience using Service Oriented and Microservice Architectures
- Experience developing search applications using Apache Solr
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.