Job description THE COMPANY
Are you interested in helping solve today's most critical housing challenges? In simplest terms, our client serves the people who house America. We work at the heart of housing by providing reliable, affordable mortgage financing in all markets at all times, buying loans that banks and other lenders originate, so they can fund new loans. This gives more people the opportunity to buy, refinance, or rent homes and apartments. Creating these opportunities is what drives the people who work at our client. JOB INFORMATION
Use modern tools, techniques, and methods to develop, modify, or update applications used by business units or infrastructure units. Lead, or play lead technical role in development teams' efforts to determine unit needs and business processes that are automated by the application. Participate in or review all of the steps in the software development life cycle to create and modify the software.
location: Herndon, West Virginia
job type: Permanent
salary: $120,000 - 130,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
- Work with product owners and other development team members to determine new features and user stories needed in new/revised applications or large/complex development projects.
- Create or Update documentation in support of development efforts. Documents may include detailed specifications, implementation guides, architecture diagrams or design documents.
- Participate in code reviews with peers and managers to ensure that each increment adheres to original vision as described in the user story and all standard resource libraries and architecture patterns as appropriate.
- Respond to trouble/support calls for applications in production in order to make quick repair to keep application in production.
- Serve as a technical lead for an Agile team and actively participate in all Agile ceremonies. Participate in all team ceremonies including planning, grooming, product demonstration and team retrospectives.
- Mentor less experienced technical staff; may use high end development tools to assist or facilitate development process.
- Leverage our client's DevOps tool stack to build, inspect, deploy, test and promote new or updated features.
- Set up and configure a continuous integration environment.
- Advanced proficiency in unit testing as well as coding in 1-2 languages (e.g. Java, etc).
- Advanced proficiency in Object Oriented Design (OOD) and analysis. Advanced proficiency in application of analysis/design engineering functions. Advanced proficiency in application of non-functional software qualities such as resiliency, maintainability, etc. Advanced proficiency in advanced behavior-driven testing techniques.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
skills: SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- 5+ years' experience in Java development
- Expertise in Spring Framework creating secure RESTful APIs with Spring Boot, Spring Data, and Spring Security.
- Desire or experience in working with Cloud technologies such as: AWS, OpenStack, Docker, Ansible, Chef or Terraform.
- Familiarity with front-end build tools like Webpack or framework-specific CLIs.
- Strong fundamental knowledge in securing Web Applications and Web APIs.
- Writes testable code with modularity as fundamental approach.
- Must show technical leadership with good communication and analytical skills.
- Demonstrates ability to work well in a cross-functional team environment.
- Maintains a strong pulse on technology trends and shares knowledge with the team.
- Ability to establish and follow an enterprise framework for all phases of software development: requirements, design, development, testing, and delivery.
- Ability to validate software requirements through iterative design sessions with business analysts and SMEs.
- Deep understanding of the project lifecycle process, able to define a comprehensive solution leading towards a common vision.
- Hands on development experience with systems integration, package implementation, and/or interactive design.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.