- The Senior Business Analyst shall be responsible for participating in the full life-cycle development process including requirements analysis, system design, documentation, testing, implementation and support. This process shall involve close collaboration with the Company staff, other contracted resources from the Supplier and contracted resources from other firms. The Senior Business Analyst shall be called on at times to work with technical and non-technical teams outside of the RSP program on integration and other tasks related to interactions between the RSP Program and other systems and processes.
- The Senior Business Analyst must take ownership of projects/tasks/issues and work them through completion.
- The Senior Business Analyst shall develop and maintain comprehensive requirements documentation based on analysis and interactions with the Company product owners and other stakeholders. Analysis, documentation, testing and status reporting shall be done in a manner consistent with the Company standards and processes.
- The Senior Business Analyst shall collaborate extensively with end users, the Company product owners and other stakeholders and provide exceptional customer service by becoming a trusted business advisor. The Senior Business Analyst shall be called on at times to participate knowledge sharing and transfer activities with designated the Company staff and contracted resources.
location: Washington, Virginia
job type: Contract
work hours: 8 to 6
The Resource's responsibilities shall include but not limited to the following, as directed by the Company:
- Participate in analysis, documentation, planning, testing and other activities according to the Company's Agile best practices, by leveraging the Company systems and methodologies as agreed upon by the the Company program management team.
- Coordinate and facilitate requirements gathering sessions, user story definitions, and story prioritization with the Company product owners and other stakeholders.
- Work with the the Company product owners and other stakeholders, facilitate drafting and maintaining the Sprint Backlog in JIRA and Confluence. The Sprint Backlog is the list of all items that the the Company project team has committed to complete for an individual Sprint.
- Work with the the Company product owners, facilitate drafting and maintaining the Theme Taskboard in Confluence (or other technology to be specified by the Company) and JIRA. The Taskboard is a visible display of items in the Sprint Backlog and their status. It shall be used to communicate real-time status to the Company product owners and stakeholders and drive task discussions in the daily stand-up meeting.
- Work with the the Company product owners, facilitate drafting, maintaining and developing User Stories in JIRA and Confluence.
- Work with the the Company program management team, participate in and, at times facilitate drafting and maintaining the RSP Release Plan. The RSP Release Plan is an outline of the RSP program's planned work structure through the next release. This is the Agile parallel to a 'project plan', and is updated at least once per Sprint. Items in the RSP Release Plan become more general the further out they are predicted. The RSP Release Plan drives resourcing, staffing, and project timing decisions.
- Work with the the Company product owners and the the Company program management team, facilitate maintaining the Product Backlog in JIRA and Confluence. The Product Backlog is a prioritized list of the user stories tied to RSP program features, including, but not limited to, those features provided by the analysis for the RSP program and by other RSP program stakeholders
- Facilitate and coordinate Release and Sprint planning sessions.
- Provide recommendations to the Company product owners in the backlog prioritization and story elaboration processes.
- Participate in one or more daily stand up meetings.
- Participate in planning and design meetings.
- Participate in Agile ceremonies as requested by the the Company program management team.
- Participate in other meetings related to the RS program as requested by the the Company program management team.
- Create and maintain documentation related to work performed on the project including, but not limited to, JIRA tasks, story and acceptance criteria definition, design artifacts and project wiki entries as requested by the the Company program management team.
- Provide a weekly, written status report to the the Company program management team by close of business each Friday . This status report shall provide a detailed account of work accomplished during the previous week, any outstanding risks or impediments and a detailed description of work planned for the upcoming week.
skills: · The Senior Business Analyst shall support NRECA's efforts in the analysis, design, development, and implementation of NRECA's Retirement Security Platform ("RSP"). RSP is designed to leverage the latest technologies and industry best practices in support of current and future defined benefit plan designs and to provide for accurate, efficient and flexible gathering and maintenance of data, Retirement Security ("RS") billing and administration, actuarial valuation and data warehouse reporting, calculation and payment of benefits, as well as modeling and reporting on current and future retirement income levels to both participating cooperatives and their covered employees. This position will be located primarily in NRECA's Arlington, Virginia office.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.