Our Lansing Area Client has an opportunity for an Office 365 Administrator. This position installs and configures enterprise-level software into the IT environment. The person will identify and resolve defects within applications.
location: Lansing, Michigan
job type: Contract
salary: $25 - 35 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
education: No Degree Required
- Supports for Office 365 applications, with an emphasis on SharePoint
- Installs and configures O365 applications.
- Interacts with application vendor(s) for issue resolution and/or technical support.
- Assists and/or facilitates testing phases for applications.
- Identifies, tracks, resolves, responds and raises awareness of complex application and data issues.
- Develops and maintains technical documentation for supported applications (implementation design documents, support activities, etc.).
- Creates, assigns, and manages users with a focus on application security.
- Ensures security among data management and associated processes, including adhering to data retention policies, file systems and data transfers.
- Provides 24x7 on-call rotational support as needed.
- Ensures changes follow appropriate release management processes.
- Reviews patch and upgrade information and communicates changes.
- Ensures maintenance and support agreements are in place with the vendor and licensing is up to date.
- Prepares reports as requested.
- Maintain up-to-date technical knowledge and understanding of applications.
- 3+ years' experience with application administration, validation, implementation and documentation, including experience with Windows and Unix platforms preferred.
- 1+ year experience with administration of Office 365 including SharePoint, Microsoft teams, one drive
- Analytical and troubleshooting skills with good problem solving abilities.
- Strong customer service skills
- Experience in an Agile environment
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.