Randstad Technologies is looking for a devops engineer for our media client in Reston, Virginia. They are looking for a long term contractor to support automation tools supporting the rollout for products to support the company and customers is a timely manner, ensuring competitive advantage is maintained and be able to retain customer with a better experience and efficient operations of infrastructure.
location: Reston, West Virginia
job type: Contract
salary: $50 - 65 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
- Responsible for design, development, implementation, and analysis of technical products and systems.
- Performs engineering design evaluations. May develop a range of products.
- Recommends alterations to development and design to improve quality of products and/or procedures.
- Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job. Works under immediate supervision. Typically reports to a supervisor or manager.
- Responsible for troubleshooting, diagnosing and fixing production software issues. Development of monitoring solutions, performing software maintenance and implementing solutions
- Develop standards and procedures for measuring product quality and release readiness
- Make recommendations related to testing techniques and processes
1. Linux systems administration, performance tuning, and troubleshooting experience in a large-scale (100+ servers), customer-facing, high availability environment.
2. Experience with IP networking (TCP/IP packet analysis, DNS, DHCP, NAT, SNMP etc.)
3. Experience with Administration, maintenance, support, tuning and scaling of Application Servers.
4. Experience supporting large application software clusters (Kafka, Cassandra, Riak, RabbitMQ, Redis, etc.) and with a clear understanding of their issues and bottlenecks.
5. Experience writing complex tasks as scripts/playbooks to automate infrastructure buildout.
6. Experienced in managing a highly available customer facing applications be able to define and design applications based on LB and GSLB
7. Design and implementation of monitoring and notification approaches, which maximize system stability, function and performance.
8. Demonstrated ability to stay organized while multi-tasking between several projects, and to adapt to change.
9. Clear and effective verbal and written communication skills.
10. Team player with professional work ethics and a positive attitude.
11. Demonstrated ability to produce results with a minimum of day-to-day direction.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering and 3 to 6 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
- Knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
- Experience automating the deployment of software using tools such as Puppet, Chef and Ansible
- Experience of Jenkins for continuous integration
- Ability to utilize and work with a large variety of open source technologies and tools
- Experience with systems and IT operations
- Data management skills with an emphasis in automation tools
- Experienced with revision control systems including branching and tagging strategies using Github"
- Able to build strong relationships with QA and Software Engineers in an operational capacity to maintain continuous delivery of critical systems
- Experience provisioning and managing applications in both virtual and cloud infrastructures (AWS and Openstack preferred)
- Strong skillset in deployment and network operations, or sys-admins who have a background in scripting and coding
- Container experience in Docker and Kubernetes
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.