- Field Support Technician All Job Seekers submitted must at least meet the minimum requirements outlined.
- Staffing Partners should specify in the Job Seeker profile how each candidate meets or exceeds these requirements:
- Up to 20% travel outside of assigned metro area required Project Overview:
- The Metro Field Support Technician will provide support to all assigned locations, including data centers and Points of Presence (POPs), including physical site services as described below.
- They will coordinate with Network Teams as well as local vendors for installation, repair, and maintenance activities as necessary.
location: Los Angeles, California
job type: Contract
salary: $43.33 - 47.85 per hour
work hours: 9 to 6
responsibilities: Overall Responsibilities:
Top 3 Daily Responsibilities:
- Provide site survey support for OSP and ISP projects, as well as large space & power and/or equipment deployments.
- Perform site audits and reconcile data discrepancies in coordination with Network Surveillance and other groups as necessary.
- Recommend improvements to processes that may impact the quality of our network assets or improve overall efficiencies for any related process or system.
- Manage local construction vendors working on behalf of the company to ensure compliance with installation, repair, maintenance MOPs and standards, as well as quality and cleanliness.
- Meet/coordinate with Local Exchange Carrier (LEC) and other technicians to facilitate timely installation, repair, and maintenance activities as necessary.
- Perform site surveys in support of network builds, augments, or decommissions.
- Assist in coordinating site access, equipment staging, and other tasks
- Maintain the highest quality standards in all assigned data center locations and remote points of presence (POPs).
- Perform physical installation, repair, maintenance, and testing activities as directed with meticulous attention to driving and maintaining the highest quality standards in the telecommunications industry.
- Perform card adds or replacements, software upgrades, and associated testing.
Extensive knowledge of Data Center and POP infrastructure, including experience or deep understanding of OSP, ISP, interfacility cabling, fiber and copper distribution, AC/DC power systems, environmental controls, and relay rack/cabinet/cage construction.
skills: Required Skills:
- Extensive knowledge of Data Center and POP infrastructure, including experience or deep understanding of OSP, ISP, interfacility cabling, fiber and copper distribution, AC/DC power systems, environmental controls, and relay rack/cabinet/cage construction.
- A minimum of 3 years experience installing, testing, troubleshooting, and commissioning a wide variety of telecom/network equipment, including DWDM, and a myriad of routers and switches, as well as all associated fiber and space/power infrastructure in POP or DC environments.
- Expertise with all telecommunications testing equipment from scopes and sources and power meters to the different OTDR, BER, and IP capable test sets Knowledge of all optical testing standards across all transport protocols and bandwidths
- Must know what good looks like - running, dressing, cleaning, scoping/testing, labeling, racking, stacking, and general neatness within a data center environment.
- Complete understanding of all data center site safety standards.
- Experience and ability to work effectively with local exchange carrier (LEC) and other telecom service provider technicians, building landlords, electricians, construction operators, and non-technical end users.
- Ability to work independently, diagnose problems and take appropriate action with minimal supervision.
- Experience with logical inventories like Netcracker or Granite, and the ability to read fiber or duct tables, CAD drawings, and blueprints required.
- Competence with spreadsheets, workflow and project management applications, and administrative software applications a must Nice to have Skills (not required):
- OSHA certifications highly preferred Experience with state and local regulatory standards, procedures, and permitting requirements preferred.
- Contractor management experience preferred. Union contractor experience preferred in metros where unions are prevalent.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.