Desktop/Tech Support: III (Senior) 1754
In this position you must have a car and travel to different locations. This is a field support position. It's a great opportunity as a right to hire with a large enterprise company.
Provide knowledgeable PC software, hardware, and network connectivity troubleshooting, as well as advanced knowledge of MAC OS/software/hardware. Diagnose and resolve these issues for corporate employees and sales associates. Installation, configuration and onsite support of PC software, hardware, and network devices located within the designated regions/offices. Proactive and effective customer service skills are an absolute requirement.
location: San Francisco, California
job type: Contract
salary: $20 - 25 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
education: High School
- Installs, configures and troubleshoots Windows and MacOS operating systems.
- Installs, configures and troubleshoots network cards/Wi-Fi network connectivity software.
- Installs, configures and troubleshoots proprietary application software.
- Installs, configures and troubleshoots PC/Mac hardware and other approved peripherals.
- Assists Network Engineers in debugging network issues as required.
- Setup or moving of PC/Mac workstations or laptops
- Configures and troubleshoots network printers and printing on client computers.
- Resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Ensure customer satisfaction with every interaction.
- Keeps customer informed of issues and provides update in status in ticket tracking system.
- Performs special projects as requested by supervisor.
- Escalates issues as necessary to other groups within the IT organization.
- May be required to travel overnight.
- Offers help to accomplish tasks or objectives outside one's area of primary responsibility.
- Brings problems to someone's attention that can help when unable to offer personal assistance.
- Treats customers (internal and external), colleagues, subordinates and superiors with respect.
- Communicates with customers (internal and external), peers, subordinates and superiors with a positive
and professional attitude.
- Communicates all the information necessary for someone to understand any given situation and confirms
understanding from the individual(s) being given the information.
- Listens and observes attentively, allowing an exchange of information. Anticipates questions.
- Writes clearly and concisely, with an appropriate awareness of the intended audience.
- Responds in a timely and effective manner to internal and external correspondence and communication
- Uses sound logical judgment to choose an appropriate course of action.
- Takes decisive action and seeks assistance of others in decision-making, as appropriate.
- Evaluates risks, consequences and interests of those affected by decisions.
skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Basic understanding of networking and TCP protocol
- Ability to install &troubleshoot operating system software
- Ability to install hardware, peripherals and resolve hardware conflicts
- Ability to provide support via telephone to end-users
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and possess a high degree of flexibility
- Ability to take initiative and work well under pressure
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong team player attitude essential
- Strong Time Management skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Windows and MacOS (installation and troubleshoot)
- Microsoft Office (installation and troubleshoot)
- 2 years desktop and Internet access support experience
- Strong knowledge in all Microsoft Products including (Office, Office365 applications, Sharepoint, and Yammer)
- Basic network and server administration knowledge.
- 3+ years desktop support experience
- Experience with MAC OS and Apple i-products
- MCSA and/or CNA, or 2 years' experience as technical support person in a network environment.
- Windows MCP or 2 years equivalent experience.
- Experience with HTML, Flash, and other web technologies.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- MCSA or MCSE, A+, or equivalent work experience.
- Ability to lift computers, printers, and monitors up to 50 lbs.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate computer keyboards and mouse as well as others computer components.
- Ability to get to branch offices by individual's own means of transportation and a valid driver's license while carrying tools\equipment and spare parts.
- Frequent travel between office locations
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.