Business Analyst - IT IV
Automation Engineering Group is seeking to hire a technical resource who can coordinate IT infrastructure environment build and retirement activities. This resource should have moderate knowledge on IT environment build process, specifically wrt Operating Systems (Linux, Windows), Middleware (Apache, Tomcat, Weblogic) and Databases (DB2, MSSQL)
Provides LOE (level of effort estimates) based upon Engineering's specifications, maintains organized tracking of requirements and deliverables and acts as liaison between operations and customer, facilitating completion of submission / project requirements.
Maintains and reviews schedule with impacted service lines to identify resource constraints. Identifies all tasks required for each environment based upon provided documentation and works closely with the service lines and with the project managers to ensure that expectations are being met. Submits and tracks all associated tickets for services for each environment build or retirement to completion. Creates SharePoint entries to capture data and daily updates for reporting metrics used in weekly and monthly status reporting.
location: Reston, West Virginia
job type: Contract
salary: $63 - 70 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
- Must be able to learn quickly, be organized, work well in a team setting, and can interface between technical staff, project managers and management.
- At least 4 years of System Analyst experience.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience.
- Development experience or working knowledge of Java programming language if possible.
- Familiarity with programming languages (Java).
- Experience in Project coordination or requirement analysis is a plus.
- IT infrastructure understanding; familiarity with Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Windows Server, Apache, Tomcat, WebLogic, Oracle, IBM DB2 UDB, Sybase, MS SQL technologies as far as how they are interconnected.
- Ability to navigate related technology, such as SQL, coding and .Net technology.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience in use of any Change Management ticketing system.
- Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills required while applying proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work on several projects at one time, and work within a multi-group setting. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties; the person in this position will perform other duties as assigned.
- Collaborates well in a team environment
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with business and technical audiences
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and work independently
- Ability to maintain progress of projects within specified deadlines
- Possesses well-developed communication skills where discretion, accuracy, and clarity are essential
- Proficient at documenting high level technical documents
- Demonstrates the ability to learn independently from technical documentation
- Proactive, internally motivated, highly organized, team-oriented personality
skills: Skills required include a high level of attention to detail, written and communication skills, ability to operate in a team-oriented environment in a fast-paced working environment. There is an expectation to take the lead and ownership of all tasks assigned as they are tied to Project Development Timelines. The preferred candidate needs to have a high level and basic understanding of Windows/Unix servers, middleware web technologies, database technologies, enterprise storage and/or network services.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.