Our Ann Arbor Client has a long term contract to hire opportunity for an ETL Consultant with an interest to be more involved with DevOps. This person will be added to a DevOps team that is responsible for daily operations of data ingestion, ETL processing, and data extraction/delivery to customers and partners.
location: Ann Arbor, Michigan
job type: Contract
salary: $25 - 37 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
education: No Degree Required
- Responsible for daily operations of data ingestion, ETL processing, and data extraction/delivery to customers and partners.
- Maintenance and improvement of systems supporting operations duties and their automation.
- Follows and promotes the organization's software development lifecycle processes in the creation, modification, testing, and support of new and existing software and data integrations. Ensures all deliverables are appropriately tested for quality assurance.
- Develops and maintains processes and data automation tools in support of customer goals and needs where cost appropriate.
- Responds to end user requests, documenting encounters, needs, and solutions. Tests solutions and follows up with customers to ensure issue resolution
- Ensures development and operational process documentation is current and accurate
- Identifies and resolves service issues to ensure availability to customers
- Provides on-call support to resolution of high severity or priority issues
- Supports the onboarding and training of staff in use of systems and services, including security policies and best practices.
- Designs, tests and implements software, data integrations and related policies for the organization. Follows all procedures in management of code, tasks, and status tracking.
- Recommends improvements in the organization's technology footprint or related processes to improve operations or security. Stays current with emerging technology and practices available to inform recommendations
- Champions adoption of organization's tools for managing its information and supporting its policies.
- Monitors and reports on system activities to ensure efficient system performance
- Monitors and protects systems from inappropriate access or utilization and reports issues
- Ensures the organization's and customer's data is managed and protected in accordance with all company and applicable government policies and requirements.
- 4+ years of IT experience.
- Knowledge of systems, IT operations, and software development methodologies required.
- Working knowledge of automation techniques and problem solving skills required.
- Data Management skills and software integration experience required.
- Ability to use discretion, exercise good judgment and resourcefulness, tact, diplomacy and maintain strict confidentiality.
- 2+ years experience with ETL (SSIS, Azure Data Factory)
- Experience with VSTS/git Source Control preferred
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server (Azure preferred)
- Experience with Azure job automation / scripting / runbooks
- Experience with File and Data management
- Experience with other Azure technologies (logic app, keyvault, App Services) are a plus
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.