The Quality Assurance Specialist III plans, leads, and executes QA efforts to ensure that all assigned information system projects meet organizational standards and end-user requirements. This role provides guidance and leadership to other Quality Assurance Specialists. This position thoroughly tests software to ensure proper operation and freedom from defects. Documents and works to resolve all problems and reports progress on problem resolution to management.
location: Phoenix, Arizona
job type: Permanent
work hours: 8 to 5
education: High School
- Plans and leads QA efforts for medium to large scale software development projects.
- Leads test coordination effort with internal resources as well as external vendor partners.
- Acts as a key liaison between IT and business partners, developing and maintaining solid business relationships
- Brings industry best practice knowledge to the team and implements test process improvement.
- Documents and builds functional test plans which encompass the business requirements specific to each project.
- Organizes and records detailed test results and provides reports on results and project status.
- Works with project teams through the design and test stages to ensure strict adherence to business requirements.
- Logs detailed and accurate defect reports and follows the defects through to resolution and closure.
- Works within the IT group to improve the quality of project documents and systems documentation.
- Develops functional expertise on multiple systems supported by the QA group.
- Monitors and reviews other team members' Test Procedures and testing execution results.
- Serves as a resource for the team in the resolution of complex business or technical issues.
- Plans testing execution projects and provides labor and resource estimates.
- Experience planning and leading medium to large scale software development projects
- Experience mentoring and leading other QA professionals
- Senior level analytical skills to research and formulate projections, identify trends, and propose corrective recommendations;
- Proven experience with requirements analysis, test case identification, test plan creation and execution, tracking of defects and reporting of results;
- Experience with a formal Software Development Life Cycle, Scrum/Agile development experience.
- Experience with both manual and automated testing processes.
- Experience developing test automation a plus, but not required
- Senior level technical skills associated to one or more functional areas of the company to evaluate business systems and user needs;
- Senior level time management and organizational skills to successful complete multiple parallel tasks or projects within the established goals and deadlines;
- Proven successful experience in adapting to changing project environments and assignments.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.