IT Project Manager
This Senior Project Manager position will direct and oversee a large scale Data Center migration effort. You will assist internal and external customers requiring a strong customer-focus both outward and upward. You will be required to exercise creativity, flexibility, self-motivation and initiative while conceptualizing the organization's vision to drive timely and efficient project success.
location: Alpharetta, Georgia
job type: Contract
salary: $57 - 60 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
1. Provide a holistic view of the status of the data center migration effort. Define program governance which includes outlining roles / responsibilities, decision rights, and the escalation path.
2. Exercise basic project management activities
3. Ensure success criteria are defined upfront to promote alignment and actively manage to expected program outcomes providing predictable, consistent, and successful program delivery
4. Keep all stakeholders (internal & external) engaged in the program/project, aligned on expected outcomes and informed about what is occurring throughout program/project.
5. Proactively communicate the program's progress on an on-going basis, ensuring transparency throughout program/project lifecycle.
- 4-year Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- Experience in driving large scale programs/projects and accounts
- Experience with Information and Network Management (e.g. Integration, infrastructure, firewalls, servers, associated hardware and software).
- Strong interpersonal skills to influence change, build consensus, and achieve objectives across functional teams
- Solid decision-making and communication skills, both oral and written, to communicate status, key issues and resolution in manner appropriate to the audience
skills: - Experience with project management tools such as MS Project
- Technically competent with various software programs including, but not limited to MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio); ServiceNow a plus
- Strong project management skills, ability to coordinate multiple tasks to completion with minimal supervision.
- Professional communication skills, both verbal and written. Ability to communicate technical concepts to both technical and non-technical people.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.