Sr. Big Data (Hadoop) Developer
Our Client is looking for an individual to join their amazing Data Services Team as a Big Data (Hadoop) Developer
and be part of a creative, forward-thinking team.
location: Windsor, Connecticut
job type: Contract
salary: $50 - 55 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
education: No Degree Required
- To lead, design and develop Big Data initiatives
- Develop sustainable big data platforms while identifying gaps and opportunities to improve on existing solutions and processes
- The job will require having hands on experience with Big Data Environment and playing a lead role in architecting and developing solutions.
- Collaboratively participate in the entire project lifecycle from design to delivery, taking advantage of flexibility in technology and approach
- Proactively research and evaluate emerging and evolving technologies
- Deliver hands-on components to support strategic and project-centric prototyping, and solution prescriptions across emerging platforms
- Delivers the required documentation during each stage of the project.
- 4+ years of hands-on, large scale, leading Big Data , and analytic solutions
- Must have extensive knowledge on BIG DATA architecture [Hadoop, NoSQL and distributed computing]
- Must have working experience with Hadoop and other components like Hive, Impala, Pig, Sqoop, Map-Reduce, Flume, H2O etc.
- Working knowledge on Spark, Kafka is required
- Prior experience in platforms such as Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, SQL, Confluent, MapReduce, Pig, Hive, Impala, Flume, Sqoop, Zookeeper, Oozie, Hue, R, and python
- Proven ability to drive and influence change through innovation & process improvement.
- Professional written and verbal communication skills
- Intellectually curious, reliable, and flexible team player
- Passionate about delivering quality
- Evaluates technology and components against existing and future needs
- Should be able to work independently
- Customer Focused: Passionate drive to delight our customers and offer unique solutions that deliver on their expectations.
- Critical Thinking: Thoughtful process of analyzing data and problem solving data to reach a well-reasoned solution.
- Team Mentality: Partnering effectively to drive our culture and execute on our common goals.
- Business Acumen: Appreciation and understanding of the financial services industry in order to make sound business decisions.
- Learning Agility: Openness to new ways of thinking and acquiring new skills to retain a competitive advantage.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.