We're looking for someone who is extremely detail-oriented, organized and willing to push boundaries. You must possess strong communication skills and keen judgment. You will be expected to utilize a full range of research skills and own the experience inside and out.
You will present your work to stakeholders and counterparts, supporting your findings with clarity and transparency. You'll collaborate with designers, product managers, and developers to help make our application more seamless, intelligent and beautiful.
location: Milpitas, California
job type: Contract
salary: $40 - 50 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
We expect you to
- Demonstrate strong partnerships with UX peers, product managers, strategists, and executives
- Have a track record of impactful research that drives great insights and user experience
- Take on challenges and responsibilities while modeling a positive attitude even in challenging situations
- Conduct both qualitative and quantitative user research including ethnography, contextual interviews, lab and remote usability studies, heuristic evaluations, and trend research
- Proactively identify usability concerns within the product, select the best methodology to clarify the issues, conduct the research, and present actionable recommendations to improve designs
- Collaborate with other researchers, designers, product managers and developers to resolve user issues
skills: - BA/BS or MA/MS degree preferred in human-computer interaction, human factors, psychology or related field
- 2+ years professional experience conducting qualitative and some quantitative research, and ability to visualize and present research data simply and clearly
- Strong observational analysis skills coupled with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Passionate about how people use technology in the workplace
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.