Sr. Business Intelligence/ETL Developer
If you're ready for your next challenge and want to be part of a cutting-edge Big Data team, this is the role for you. As a Sr. Business Intelligence/ETL Developer you will be working in one of the industry's largest and most complex data warehouse environments. This is an exciting opportunity for a skilled, experienced professional to join our client's Enterprise Architecture and Data Integration Team.
location: Windsor, Connecticut
job type: Contract
salary: $55 - 60 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
education: No Degree Required
The role will be a key resource for our client's Financial Data services team. He/She will support ETL, BI, Middleware design, transformation and movement between applications and databases.
- Architect/Develop ETL, Middleware/API, BI solutions to process/load source systems data into multiple databases and mainframe files using Informatica, Sync sort, Business Objects, Tableau.
- Hands on Lead ETL developer responsible for design and development of ETL components and provide support for maintenance and Enhancements.
- Hands on BI developer responsible for design and development of BI Reports, multidimensional cubes. Create Data design and provide support for maintenance and Enhancements using, Business Objects, Essbase/MSFT, Tableau and others.
- Convert Business requirements to Functional, Tech design and translate to specific development activities and communicate progress to management and project leads
- Follow Software SDLC process.
- ETL, Middleware, BI performance tuning, Implement Performance optimizations through multiple techniques.
- Support QA team's test cases and test data preparation. Carries out unit and Integration test support.
- Problem solving attitude.
- Proactively research and evaluate emerging and evolving technologies
- Deliver hands-on components to support strategic and project-centric prototyping, and solution prescriptions across emerging platforms
- Delivers the required documentation during each stage of the project.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Science preferred or equivalent work experience.
- 8+ years progressive experience in system/data design, architect related to ETL, Middleware, BI data management, data integration and data delivery work.
- 5+ ETL experience using Informatica Power Center version 9.6 or higher
- 3+ BI OLAP, Report developing experience using Business objects, Essbase/MSFT Analysis cube Tableau or similar.
- 2+ Middleware/API experience in Java/Web methods or similar technologies
- Skilled in Informatica ETL tool suite to design and develop work flows, transformation mappings.
- Strong skills in BI , ETL design and development - understanding the tradeoffs of various design options on multiple platforms using multiple protocols
- Experience Code Deployment best practices
- Expertise in UNIX shell scripting
- Must have experience in two or more of the databases UDB, Sqlserver, Oracle, Exadata,
- Must have experience in one of the BI tools: Business objects, Tableau.
- Familiarity with Big Data platforms is a plus
- Familiarity with Hadoop and other components like Hive, Impala, Pig, Sqoop, Map-Reduce, Flume, H2O, Spark and Kafka and others is a plus
- Functional work in and familiarity with enterprise architecture, Data warehouse, data modeling concepts
- Solution design experience for large scale initiatives
- Excellent communication skills - need to be able to interface with business as well as technical leaders
- Successful in a matrix work environment
- Excellent documentation skills
- Ability to collaborate and work in a multi-site environment
- Experience working in an agile or continuous improvement environment
- Eagerness to learn new tools and technologies
- Prior experience with financial services, retirement, insurance, or medical records industry highly desirable
- Customer Focused: Passionate drive to delight our customers and offer unique solutions that deliver on their expectations.
- Critical Thinking: Thoughtful process of analyzing data and problem solving data to reach a well-reasoned solution.
- Team Mentality: Partnering effectively to drive our culture and execute on our common goals.
- Business Acumen: Appreciation and understanding of the financial services industry in order to make sound business decisions.
- Learning Agility: Openness to new ways of thinking and acquiring new skills to retain a competitive advantage.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.