job summary: Business Overview: Tell me about your department:
We are seeking innovative and a self-starting Agile QA to join our Mobile IT Team. The Mobile IT team is responsible for building advanced solutions to deliver an exceptional selling and buying experience. Project Description - what are the selling points that would spike a candidate's interest in this role:
We work with latest technologies and are constantly thinking about ways of leveraging technology to innovate and enhance our customer and store associates experience. In this role, you will have the opportunity to work with multiple IT systems across the enterprise. This role is 100% automation.
location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
job type: Contract
salary: $45 - 55 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
education: No Degree Required
responsibilities: Position Overview: Responsibilities/Deliverables that the resource will be responsible for: Core Responsibilities of the role include:
Typical Day in the role:
- Work with cross functional team members to define and understand functional & non-functional requirements and capture business requirements through Automation test scripts.
- Writing XPATH, Implementation of methods and functions of Java.
- Creating Feature file and writing scenarios in the cucumber feature file.
- Support Manual Testing activities like functional testing , IPT & UAT.
- Develop and maintain test scenarios for Automated Test Suite
- Person should able to Analyze the Automation code and understand the functionality individually.
- Person should able to work independently on Automation and also able to train team members
- Creates and maintains test plans, cases/scripts, traceability matrix and various testing checklists
- Works collaboratively with Automation integrated systems to complete end-to-end testing
- Proactively identify ways to improve quality of the platform. Continuously improve QA practices to improve team's productivity and product quality, including Agile practices
- Ensuring the appropriate testing tasks are scheduled during Automation planning
How is performance measured in this role?
- Participating proactively in daily standup meetings, backlog refinement sessions, team retrospectives, suggesting and implementing improvements
- Attending stand ups and refinement meetings about 20-30 percent of the time
- Working with the release testing team to build their automation framework
- Performance will be measured in the individual's ability to complete the necessary scenarios within the allotted timeframe, along with their ability to complete their work with minimal direction.
- Performance will also be measured in their ability to recognize the critical scenarios that need to be automated.
qualifications: Skills Overview: What are the MUST have skills that you are looking for in a candidate? Required Experience & technologies
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- Knowledge of testing processes and best practices, conceptual and logical systems
- Testing experience of web services and front end applications is a must.
- 5+ years of Experience required as a QA Automation Engineer driving implementation and maintenance of automation and manual testing efforts
- Experience working in Agile Projects. Ability to present to all levels of the enterprise by way of demos/show-and-tells
- Exposure to Agile software delivery; acceptance test driven development and/or test driven development preferred
- Experience with cross-functional and remote teams for delivering quality products on a tight schedule.
- Ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical co-workers.
- 3+ years of experience with creating a plan and tracking integration and end to end testing
- Experience on BDD / Hybrid Framework
- Development background or knowledge
skills: Skills Overview: What are the technologies and the depth of the technologies that a candidate must have in order to be successful in this role? Desirable tool experience/technologies
What are the soft skills that you feel candidates must-have in order to be successful in this role?
- Experience with software such as VersionOne or JIRA
- Experience with automation testing tools such as Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Junit, Cucumber, core Java, Maven
- Version control tools - like Git , SVN
- You are enthusiastic about continuous testing over testing at the end
- You have an uncanny ability to break code
- You have a mindset of continuous improvement
- You are passionate about shifting quality left and preventing defects over finding defects
- You have a knack for exploratory testing
- You are willing to embrace change
- You are flexible, dependable, and know how to have fun while getting a lot done
- You are self-motivated and do not wait for directions
- You are open and honest and willing to share and accept feedback and ideas
- You are positive and optimistic. Setbacks and constraints motivate you to work harder
- You have a strong personality, be able to take initiative, ask questions and make constant improvements and suggestions
- You can voice opinion and take charge when needed
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.