job summary: Mission Network Engineer
We currently have a job opening for a Network Engineer at NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center in Greenbelt, MD.
The Network Engineer will be part of the NASA GSFC Mission Network Engineering Team. The Network Engineer will lead activities related to NASA Mission network total life-cycle support to include requirements gathering, designing, implementing, and maintaining. An understanding of network design, troubleshooting, and customer interactions are key requirements of any candidate.
The NASA Mission Network is made up of sites throughout the US and other locations composed of primarily Cisco and Juniper networking devices. The devices include: Juniper - MX480, MX80, J6350, EX4500, EX4300, and the SRX family and Cisco - 7200, 3500, 3600, 2900, 2800, 6500, and others.
location: Greenbelt, Maryland
job type: Contract
salary: $70 - 80 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Well versed in Layer 2 (TDM and Ethernet) technologies.
- Proficient in IPv4 addressing and Variable Length Subnet Masking.
- Proficient in IGP and BGP routing on Cisco and/or Juniper platforms.
- Hands on experience with Cisco and/or Juniper Routers and Switches
- Ability to capture business requirements, and clearly, formulate strategies, design, and operational methodologies.
- Ability to document and present each methodology with minimal supervision.
- Cisco Certification level CCNP or Juniper level JNCIP
- Configuration of network devices using First Hop Redundancy Protocols (HSRP and VRRP)
- Knowledgeable of MPLS
- A good understanding of IPv6 to include addressing and routing (OSPFv3 and IPv6 BGP).
- Experience with Network Management Systems (NMS) such as HP-Openview, WANDL, HPNA, and HP NNMi
- Linux system administration experience
- Experience in QoS implementations on Juniper and Cisco platforms.
- A good understanding of Firewalls
skills: The NICS contract is in its fifth year of a ten year contract. The primary work location is at the NASA Goddard Space Flight Center (GSFC) in Greenbelt, MD. A Secret or Interim Secret security clearance is required. There is minimal to no travel required as part of this contract (normally less than 10% travel required per year).
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.