IT Configuration Analyst
The IT Configuration Analyst is responsible for administering, managing and executing the configuration management process as it pertains to ensuring the accuracy of the Configuration Items (CIs). This role works closely with Infrastructure teams, application teams, IT Asset Management, IT Security, and other IT Service Management process owners.
location: San Clemente, California
job type: Permanent
work hours: 8 to 5
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Supports the Configuration Manager in the creation and improvement of principles, processes and procedures for CMDB.
- Works with Configuration Manager to enable enhancements to the CMDB, including CI classes, naming conventions, attributes, data sources, and relationships.
- Assists Configuration Manager in conducting configuration audits and reconciliation.
- Works closely with Change Management to analyze CMDB data and generate reports to validate CMDB accuracy, completeness.
- Maintains Application CIs to ensure CMDB accuracy and completeness based on audit reports.
- Escalates to Change and Configuration Manager on unauthorized CI changes or alterations to environment not reflected in CMDB.
- Supports effective use of CMDB by support groups and other processes.
- Works with other ITSM processes to understand new requirements and identify if/how Configuration management can support them.
- Supports the Change Manager to analyze changes and ensure no unauthorized releases to production.
- Backup for CAB Manager
Knowledge, Skills & Qualifications
- Knowledge of IT Configuration Management process.
- Expert knowledge of ServiceNow CMDB.
- Familiar with ServiceNow Discovery tool used in the environment.
- Familiar with the processes that consume CMDB data e.g. Incident, Problem, Defect, Enhancement, or Change.
- Familiar with the IT infrastructure and business technologies used to deliver services to the business.
- Knowledge of and experience with managing and maintaining the data concerning all configuration items in applications and IT infrastructure.
- Knowledge of how to execute audits to verify CMDB data accuracy.
- Ability to analyze CMDB data and generate reports to validate CMDB accuracy, completeness and answer the needs of consuming ITSM processes.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent collaboration skills and able to work in a team environment
- Able to work quickly and effectively under pressure and to efficiently handle multiple priorities simultaneously
skills: Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related equivalent IT field preferred.
- ITIL Foundation certification preferred.
- ITIL Intermediate - Transition will be a plus.
- 3 to 4 years of experience working in large or federated enterprises
- 4 to 5 years of experience in regulatory environment
- Cross-functional experience working in multiple divisions that may not be similarly regulated
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.