- Evaluate applications development needs and apply technical principles and concepts to develop business solutions.
- Analyze procedures and data to develop logical solutions to complex applications programming problems.
- Recommend, design, and develop complex applications and supporting hardware and software.
- Perform complex application analysis design and development duties.
- Evaluate, test, implement, and support new operating systems and hardware.
- Evaluate application development practices and create development standards, policies, and procedures.
- Create application design standards.
- Conduct meetings with customers and transform requirements into effective applications.
- Monitor quality assurance and security procedures for business applications.
- Ensure application design and development policies are adhered to.
- Independently perform complex application development/programming analysis.
- Provide detailed design and specification documentation for all applications and databases.
- Develop and maintain database standards.
- Provide project management, oversight, leadership, and support.
- Represent Information Technology at advisory and user group meetings.
- Verify stability, interoperability, portability, security, and scalability of application architecture.
- Install, research, test, and verify proper functioning of software updates.
- Research new features, software, and tools.
- Generate documentation for staff and training.
- Create and enforce database standards and procedures.
- Create and enforce security standards.
location: West Chester, Pennsylvania
job type: Contract
work hours: 9 to 5
- Focus on Development of all ETL, for new and existing enhancements, architecture improvements and hardening to enhance the products, features and customer experience.
- 8+ years as an Application Architect
- Undergraduate Degree or Advanced Degree in computer science
- Methods and techniques of developing complex application technical manuals and documentation.
skills: 1) Hadoop architect experience, working with large data sets
2) Knowledge on Spark, Hive, and Pig
3) Great communication skills
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.