Sr. Software Engineer (Partial Remote)
This opportunity allows for some remote work-from-home days each week. GENERAL SUMMARY
Our client is an electronics manufacturing market leader that specializes in complex electronics and full system assemblies for life-saving and mission critical products. They are looking for a senior software engineer develop database and .Net applications for ERP integrations and customizations. Responsible for working directly with business partners and customers, and software service providers to design, develop, maintain, and implement mission critical systems. Develop and maintain a data warehouse and ETL scripts along with web applications to support the electronics manufacturing business.
location: Newark, New York
job type: Permanent
salary: $80,000 - 95,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
responsibilities: Primary Responsibilities
- Design and develop database scripts, stored procedures, SSIS ETL to extract from ERP systems and feed data warehouse systems
- Develop reports using SSRS and other methods when necessary
- Design, develop, implement and support web applications for the electronics manufacturing business
- Ensure interface and web applications meet business, regulatory and performance requirements
- Comprehend existing applications and processes, and provide ongoing support, maintenance and new development
- Prepare application SDLC documentation for project deliverables like requirement, design, validation
- Assist with project estimation, planning and tracking of development and implementation tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to interface and collaborate with business and technical personnel.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently using sound judgment, and attention to detail.
- Problem solving and root cause identification skills.
- Back up other developers as needed
qualifications: Preferred Qualifications
- Associate/Bachelor's Degree in computer science, information technology or related field.
- 5-10 years' experience in application development
- Understanding of the full development life cycle, development methodologies, and version control
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Must have great attitude and be eager to learn and develop professionally
- Comfortable working in deadline-driven environment
- Experience working in a regulated environment is a plus
skills: Required Technical Skills
- Experience with Object Oriented Programming languages such as C#
- Experience in ASP.Net, Web API (web services), .Net framework, and WCF
- Experience with SQL and relational databases such as SQL Server, Oracle
- Experience in development tools Visual Studio and VS Debugger, SQL Server Management Studio etc.
- Experience in SSIS, SSRS or similar reporting/ETL tools
- Experience in NodeJs, AngualJS a plus
- Knowledge of agile development methodology and Jira a plus
- Knowledge in ERP for manufacturing a plus
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.