Sr. Systems Engineer
This position will work extensively in the server environment. The candidate provides support for server and storage equipment located at customer sites. The support will be performed remotely.
location: Cleveland, Ohio
job type: Contract
salary: $35 - 45 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
Experience with multiple types of server and storage hardware.
o Discrete servers
o Blade servers
o Storage Area Networks
· Experience with Active Directory tools and utilities.
o VMWare management console.
- Understanding of EMC SAN Storage hardware
- Familiarity with network and san switching technologies
- Good English reading, writing and verbal communication skills
- Able to work in a round-the-clock, global operation 7 days x 24 hours
· Strict adherence to company standards and procedures.
· Excellent trouble shooting skills
qualifications: Education Requirements:
· Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems
· Windows 2000/2003/2008 MSCE/MSCA
· Minimum of 2-4 years experience in IT or customer support Desired Qualifications
· Background and understanding of IT controls and compliance.
· Solid PC skills and proficiency in office productivity software (Microsoft Office, Microsoft Visio, Microsoft Project, etc.)
· Understanding of ISA, ANSI, NEMA, NEC and NIST standards.
skills: ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Functional Expertise
- Microsoft ACL table (file/folder permissions)
- Active Directory Architecture
- Microsoft clustering
- Performance monitoring techniques on server software and hardware
- Able to work remotely on server hardware and software issues
- VMWare ESX 2.5x, 3.x, 4.x, 5.x
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.