job summary: Overview:
Randstad Technologies, a global and national leader in the IT Staffing and Services industry has an immediate need for an Application Architect sit onsite in Rockville, MD to join a highly talented and growing development team.
This is a long term contract paying up to $95/hr. Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.
The Application Architect is a member of an Agile program's management team and has hands-on technical responsibility for the overall architectural and engineering design of the products being delivered by the program. They are responsible for cross-discipline view on solution development including analyzing technical trade-offs, determining major components and subsystems, and defining interfaces and collaboration between them.
location: Rockville, Maryland
job type: Contract
salary: $90 - 95 per hour
work hours: 9 to 6
- Align development teams to a common technological and architectural vision of the solution under development
- Facilitate and lead the design, technical architecture for the program
- Work with development teams and provide technical leadership and the direction for the interfaces between the subsystems and between the solution and the solution context
- Contribute to the planning and definition of the product.
- Own the high-level design of the solution and evaluate solution alternatives
- Define subsystems and their interfaces; allocate responsibilities to subsystems; understand solution deployment, and communicate requirements for interaction with the solution context
- Work with portfolio and enterprise stakeholders, particularly the Enterprise Software Architects and Enterprise Operations, to ensure alignment with enterprise standards and objectives (e.g. designing for lights-off operations).
- Participate in Program Increment (PI) Planning and Pre-Planning, System and Solution Demos, and Inspect and Adapt events.
- Define, explore, and support the implementation of the design to evolve the solution intent; work directly with development teams assisting their implementation, and support them as needed.
- Plan and develop the Architectural Runway in support of upcoming business Features/Capabilities.
- Work with Product Manager, Program Manager, and Product Owners to ensure that architectural components that enable feature delivery are appropriately prioritized and that team capacity is allocated toward their completion.
- Support technology/engineering aspects of a program-level Kanban
- Supervise and foster building quality into the systems
- Define and plan training and growth curriculum for development team members
- Contribute to the technical aspects of all program staff's annual reviews and goals.
- Facilitate and manage technical debt backlogs for development teams. The Application Architect should ensure that teams identify and capture their tech debt. The Application Architect, along with feedback from the teams, is responsible for prioritizing the tech debt backlogs (one backlog per team).
- Identify technical risks and work to establish a suitable mitigation strategy
- Fulfill other roles on smaller programs as necessary (e.g. development team Dev Lead)
- Consistently demonstrate good judgement in technical decision making and be able to explicitly convey the rationale and trade-offs that contributed to the solution.
- Publish and keep current, any suitable artifacts that represent evidence of design for the current and target states. The artifacts should allow portfolio and enterprise level architects to identify risk, identify opportunities for leverage, provide insight into which qualities the teams are optimizing for, and the insight into the judgement of the technical leadership. Artifact examples include: Quality Attribute Scenarios, Context Diagrams, Module Views, Component & Connector views, Deployment Views, Variability Guides, Assumptions, Decisions, and Constraints Documents.
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Expert Java developer
- 2+ years of experience in either Big Data or real-time market systems
- Experience developing and delivering solutions in AWS
- Delivered multiple systems to a production environment
- 2+ years as a member of an agile development team
skills: Must Haves:
Nice to Have:
- Hands on Java programming/ architecture exp
- Agile enthusiast
- Management/Leadership experience
- Enterprise Operations exp.
- Product Owner background
- Big Data experience
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.