Our Client is actively searching for a NOC Technician
in their Brookfield, Wisconsin office
for an exciting project, that could transition into a permanent position. The ideal individual will have current experience
providing technical support and troubleshooting to their Clients. The team you will join supports 1100 server and 2300 WAN devices at clients sites so there is a lot of troubleshooting for Clients issues. This position will provide immediate response and/or investigation of network system alerts or abnormalities as a troubleshooter in a complex network environment. The ideal individual will be a skilled technician that will troubleshoot clients issue and determine if it's a routing, or WAN/LAN network problem.
location: Brookfield, Wisconsin
job type: Contract
salary: $35.33 - 40.33 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
responsibilities: Job Responsibilities:
- Provide network support for troubleshooting and resolving network related incidents (Must be WASN, LAN, or Router related)
- Manage incidents through to resolution to include: coordinate and test with vendors and customers,
- internal communication and escalation, and follow-up/documentation of the troubleshooting performed.
- Maintain network systems tools, applications.
- Experience with network diagnostic tools required, ie. Spectrum, eHealth and the use of a sniffer to
- trouble shoot application performance issues (ability to analyze and decode sniffer traces).
- Provide Sniffer capture and decode. Perform detailed packet analysis via data packet capture to rule out
- network issues and provide diagnostics for application performance issues and server problems.
- Performs network changes.
- Assists with Maintenance Windows as needed.
- Create & review monthly Reporting including capacity reporting, incident
qualifications: Job Qualifications:
- 3 years of hands on network support experience
- Experience working directly with Clients, a great Customer Service aptitude
- Experience troubleshooting LAN, WAN and Router issues
- Experience roubleshooting T1, Trace routes, Routing protocols
- Cisco Routers expereince
- Configuration changes on switches
- Firewall & Security exp is a bonus
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field, related work experience can be substituted for the educational requirements
skills: Job Skills:
- Experience with troubleshooting WAN and LAN connectivity issues.
- Experience with Cisco Routers
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.