The primary function of this position is to install, configure, and maintain hardware and software products. Assembles, troubleshoots, and repairs computer workstations, peripherals, servers, and telecommunication systems. Provides technical support to end users. Executes backups of servers and related equipment. Analyzes systems logs and consoles to ensure workstations and servers are functioning correctly. This position interacts with all levels of employees and must be able to maintain a courteous, professional manner at all times.
location: Newark, Delaware
job type: Permanent
salary: $55,000 - 60,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
- Develop, deploy, and update installation packages and Operating Systems using System Center Configuration Manager
- Use WSUS and System Center to maintain patch levels on servers and workstations. Troubleshoot, install, and update all third party software
- Troubleshoot and resolve basic networking issues
- Analyze output from logging solutions to detect issues
- Monitor Endpoint Security and resolve workstation and server issues
- Create and configure user accounts in Active Directory and Client Server Applications
- Audit workstations and servers for viruses, software license & patch compliance.
- Install and test hardware components and peripherals
- Instruct users in the use of equipment, system software, and manuals, effectively communicating technical items to non-technical staff. Develop user documentation
- Diagnose system hardware, software, and other computer related problems using remote tools when possible
- Assemble or install communication cables and devices
- Update periodic changes to company and internal website.
- Communicate with staff in order to diagnose and resolve problems.
- Perform computer operations tasks using Peoplesoft, CC&B, and in-house developed applications
- Maintain a Daily Event Log, recording on-line start up, shut down times, attended and unattended processing times, and abnormal events encountered.
- Prepare media for off-site storage and insure pick-up and delivery is accomplished on schedule in accordance with the established data retention policy
- Maintain inventory of paper, forms, tapes, and miscellaneous supplies. Advise the supervisor when reorder points are reached.
- Dedicate weekly time to learning new skills necessary for self-development
- Perform any and all other appropriate functions as required.
Associates Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related discipline from an accredited college or university, with minimum two years' experience in computer operations, desktop support, or equivalent combination of education and experience. MCP preferred. Knowledgeable in Windows OS software including XP, Windows 7, and productivity applications. Experience with Microsoft Server Platforms. Basic Knowledge of network hardware, such as, switches, routers, and firewalls. Experienced with Active Directory, Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager, Symantec Endpoint Protection, Symantec Backup Exec and WSUS.
- Prior experience in a production processing environment
- Basic understanding of networking protocols, such as, DHCP,DNS, TCP/IP
- Working knowledge of antivirus, patch management and spyware applications
- 3+ years' experience in desktop/laptop support role with demonstrated troubleshooting skills
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills; able to prioritize multiple assignments
- Capable of working independently, multi-tasking, and assuming responsibility for deliverables
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- High level of professionalism
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.