job summary: Automation Analyst
Exciting growth opportunity in a dynamic company that is investing Millions into their Infrastructure.
Person has to maintain and work with IT & automation work at. He/she is responsible to understand and work with IT automation software systems & IT automation infrastructure; and based on the company's standard solutions.
location: Elizabeth, New Jersey
job type: Contract
salary: $25 - 35 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
Configures, installs, troubleshoot and maintains automation software, infrastructure services such as positioning system, location and RFID system, automation bridges, network switches, server components, cabling and equipment automation applications.
Ensure adherence of best practices regarding IT automation solutions, incl. recommendations for usage from other regions.
Maintenance of IT services & systems within IT Automation area; ensuring fulfillment of the assigned work, SLAs for the area and terminal.
Contribute to cost efficiencies by identifying saving opportunities or by manifesting cost conscious approach.
- Maintain technical/technology integration on terminal container handling equipment, IT automation software; ensure documentation of technical implementation for the equipment; IT equipment/systems assembly/installation; IT business system implementation (TOS, GOS, ERP...); Integration testing; end user training and support.
- Provide support on automation infrastructure along with other terminal areas/teams.
- Requires degree in electronics/instrumentation & control/electro mechanics/ computer science with related experience within the Industrial IT environment.
- Requires a minimum experience in the network or IT communications administration in industrial environment in a medium to large organization.
- Must have at least two years of IT support/handling/coordination experience.
- Must have thorough understanding of LAN/WAN, server architecture for installation, administration, and on-going maintenance.
- Must have thorough knowledge of Instrumentation & Control devices and their integration with IT systems.
- Have understanding of database and application servers architectures including: SQL, Oracle, JAVA, Web Servers & Services ... and their use within automation & control systems area.
- Understanding of IT, Port Equipment, automated systems and controls and related industrial infrastructures architecture;
- Requires demonstrated knowledge of Automation IT-related hardware and software systems.
- Requires demonstrated ability and knowledge to troubleshoot a wide variety of Automation and Control infrastructure, network and communication problems as they arise in the workplace.
- Must be multi-task oriented with proven ability to execute several activities simultaneously.
- Must be proactive with the ability to anticipate internal client requirements and provide appropriate solutions.
- Must have good analytical skills to be able to relate and analyse the business requirements and configure the Infrastructure to meet the business needs.
- Good verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong organizational and personal discipline skills;
- Strong client service skills and an ability to develop a strong client service organization;
- Ability to assess business issues, identify risks and to interpret them into technology solutions/requirements;
- Understanding of ticket management, change management, and escalation processes that create a highly responsive support organization could be an added advantage;
- Proven ability to establish and maintain technical and process documentation for both existing implementations and new implemented solutions.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.