Manage the design, operation, and maintenance of hardware and software components which make up the network infrastructure, including firewalls, Network Access Control devices, routers, switches, servers,workstations, printers, peripherals, and other communication devices. Ensure network integrity protecting secured passwords, customer information, and access authorizations while maintaining network security, file permissions, and connectivity of user workstations with network servers. Responsible for the backup, retention of data, and disaster recovery administration of the following; DNS, SAN, Email, corporate antivirus, patch management, and the integrity of all clients and servers which make up the network. Maintain network performance consistent with user requirements by making software adjustments, and/or recommending new components, which will sustain appropriate levels. Design and administration of server platforms, including, Linux and Windows operating systems. Diagnose and resolve network issues occurring in, TCP/IP, IPV4, IPV6, and OSPF/BGP using network management software and other available techniques and tools.
location: Newark, Delaware
job type: Permanent
salary: $75,000 - 85,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
- Responsible for the design/operation of the company's internal information systems, networks and security.
- Provide input to IT strategy, including developing a roadmap for the department.
- Design and administer Production information systems in a tiered environment, including adherence to the design architecture.
- Install and/or oversee the application of software and hardware maintenance to servers, workstations, and other network equipment. Ensure operating system and services are
- maintained to the most recent levels of service packs, patches, and security updates.
- Troubleshoot installation issues and initiate vendor escalation through to resolution when appropriate.
- Provide on-call 24/7 incident management support to the production environment.
- Design and administer security of systems protecting sensitive information, and prohibiting unauthorized access. Administration of corporate VPN.
- Propose and implement system enhancements (software and hardware updates) that will improve the performance and reliability of the systems.
- Monitor logs for abnormal system events, unauthorized intrusions, or unauthorized access attempts. Develop monthly reporting of network status, events, and mitigating factors.
- Champion the enhancement of procedures regarding user permissions, and rules related to information security, and system usage.
- Daily monitoring of system infrastructure to ensure devices and systems are used in accordance with established procedures.
- Design and maintain file systems on servers, network device configurations, and update topology documentation.
- Setup inter-networking of client workstations including the maintenance of multiple protocols to support communications to all devices.
- Ensure software licensing compliance on servers and client workstations. Review new and established vendor contracts for value proposition and adherence, respectively.
- Update and migrate client-server applications.
- Analyze network traffic and make appropriate adjustments to ensure optimum performance.
- Configure, maintain, and deploy cabling, routers, and switches in network topography for relocation and addition of users.
- Access administration of adds, modifications, and removals.
- Research and evaluate available technologies for applicability into current environment, along with managing vendor relationships.
- Test and integrate upgrades and new software into operating system environments ensuring clients and servers are compatible.
- The ability to work independently, work with or lead team through a project from inception to completion, and balance multiple projects.
- Provide the technical leadership to Support personnel. Provide documents to auditors as it relates to Sarbanes & Oxley legislation.
- Dedicate weekly time to learning new skills necessary for self-development.
- Perform any and all other appropriate functions as required.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related discipline from an accredited college or university, with minimum six years experience in network/security administration, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Familiarity with Windows Active Directory, Exchange, Domain Controllers, SharePoint, SCCM, and networked/distributed computing concepts. Knowledgeable in server/ workstation operating systems, network architecture/protocols, remote communications, network file systems, email server administration, and relational data bases. Programming/Script experience in any language
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) certification with additional related certifications a plus.
- Oracle Public Cloud Appliance(PCA)
- Linux administration
- VMWare / virtualization
- Proficient knowledge LAN/WAN architecture
- 2+ troubleshooting structured cabling and related components (CAT-5/6; fiber, patch panels)
- Experience with performance analysis and monitoring
- DNS, DHCP, active directory, group policy
- Excellent trouble shooting and diagnostics ability
- Experience with Cisco and Avaya infrastructure and capabilities
- Experience with VPN, firewalls, CISCO ASA, and Intrusion Detection Systems
- Experience with SNMP and Netflow/IPFIX monitoring
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills; able to prioritize multiple assignments
- Capable of working independently, multi-tasking, and assuming responsibility for deliverables
- Experience working with and/or supporting financial and customer information systems
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- High level of professionalism
- Conduct formal vendor evaluations and proposals
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.