Randstad Technologies is currently seeking a talented SAS Administrator to join a well-known client of ours within a location in the Pleasanton area.
The SAS Administrator provides operational enhancements, maintenance, installation and support of the SAS EBI 9.x platform in GRID Setup. This includes providing SAS platform security management, SAS application and underlying infrastructure support (OS, Storage, SAS 9.2/SAS9.3/SAS9.4EBI Applications, Web and Database) and ensuring processes are aligned with tactical and strategic information management initiatives.
The SAS Platform Administrator serves as liaison between the SAS Developers and enterprise infrastructure support teams to ensure appropriate delivery of technology solutions (performance tuning, data modeling, capacity and utilization, backups, disaster recovery, user support, training and documentation) in accordance with business requirements and objectives. The SAS Platform Administrator/GRID Administrator also ensures the platform is positioned for compliance with IT policies and standards and agreed upon service levels. Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship.
location: Pleasanton, California
job type: Contract
salary: $62.13 - 69.90 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
- Experience with Administration, Maintenance and tuning for SAS GRID Manager/SAS Platform
- Expertise in setup of queues, prioritization, Manage jobs and thresholds
- Experience with troubleshooting and configuration of SAS Grid environment/componentsEnsures the overall health of the SAS platform
- Perform new installation as necessary
- Applies maintenance releases, upgrades and hot fixes as required
- Designs solutions to reduce the operational and management complexity of the platform
- Designs, implements, and maintains platform security via SAS Metadata and IBM AIX
- Performs platform capacity planning and management
- Serves as an escalation point for escalated production and/or platform issues.
- Executing change control and promotions activities
- Establishes best practices and guidelines for usage of the SAS platform
- A SAS Grid Administrator needs to be a SAS Administrator plus a Systems Administrator to some extent.
- Bachelors Degree
- Strong analytical, communication, teamwork, and interpersonal skills are mandatory.
- 5+ years experience administering in SAS GRID Environment
- 5+ years' experience administering the SAS EBI Platform
- 3+ years of JBoss and Apache experience, Spring TC experience a plus
- 5+ years' experience in and knowledge of the IBM AIX operating system
- 4+ years of relational database experience and/or SAS Scalable Performance Data Server (SPDS)
- 3+ years supporting SAS data sourcing and reporting deliveries
- 2+ year developing detailed technical documentation
- Familiarity with Tableau, IBM Cognos and/or SAP Business Objects products preferred.
- Provide leadership and direction as it relates to design and implementation for the SAS platform
- Own and drive the SAS Product patching and release upgrade activity and act as liaison to SAS for any support issues
- Establish best practices for administering and interpreting sources of data
- Provide all levels of technical and application support; incident management (Level 1, 2 and 3); address user, application and data issues.
- Manage the configuration support and maintenance of the SAS platform
- Oversee, recommend and implement appropriate solutions and enhancements to ensure an improvement in system reliability and performance
- Helping to establish coding standards and best practices.
- Supporting SAS developers with coding issues.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.