User Experience Designer
Are you ready to join a passionate digital team that is growing and needs talent to work across web and mobile? If you are one of those individuals with skills across usability, information architecture, and user interface design, this is for you.
Candidates should have a strong history of working complex problems and turning them into easy-to-use web solutions. You will be working with other user experience architects, user interface designers, usability analysts, front-end developers, and business stakeholders. We work in a fast paced agile environment with different projects and objectives coming through each week. If you can properly balance function and design and can crank out best-in-class work, let's chat.
location: Jacksonville, Florida
job type: Contract
work hours: 8 to 4
- Participate in requirements gathering, definition, and design of new or changing applications
- Turn product requirements into detailed wireframes and prototypes. This will require you to articulate concepts and solutions through information architecture, activity diagrams, screen mockups, wireframes and high-fidelity prototypes for web based applications.
- Create new features, enhancements, and content of existing websites while maintaining the integrity of the current design and solution.
- Work with team and internal partners to produce concepts through final production
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience in user interface design, human factors and usability engineering.
- Knowledge of UX best practices
- Creative thinking and the ability to explore and solve complex user experience and interaction design problems
- Solid experience with site architecture and user interface design
- You will be working in a rapid and iterative environment. You must be able to manage a dynamic workload to balance priorities with deadlines to effectively meet project needs.
- Must be able to work and communicate effectively with other members of the UX team, technical teams, and business partners.
- Familiar with HTML, CSS, and Photoshop
- Must be proficient with rapid prototyping or wireframing tools.
- Strong digital portfolio required. Please submit examples with application and be prepared to show and review during an interview.
skills: Also a plus,
- User experience research in a lab setting a plus.
- Visual design skills a plus.
- Experience with mobile design (native and mobile web) a plus.
- Experience with responsive grid systems a plus.
- Experience with web accessibility guidelines and requirements a plus
- Experience with agile a plus.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.