Are you passionate about technology? Does that passion include a love of working with new, cool technology? How about a drama free culture? If this sounds good, keep reading!
Our client is in need of a Sr Software Engineer - Minimum 4 years' experience with developing/designing FPGA, must have Scrum experience as well as C++ embedded micro processing experience.`
location: Rochester, New York
job type: Permanent
salary: $95,000 - 130,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
responsibilities: POSITION PURPOSE: The primary role is to design, analyze and develop software and/or digital hardware for the purpose of controlling RF power delivery systems. The person must be able to operate independently with minimal supervision in a fast-paced, dynamic, highly technical environment and work on multiple concurrent cross-functional projects. POSITION DUTIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Work with team members and customers to develop new ideas and strategies for controlling generator power and frequency and plasma properties to meet or exceed the desired customer metrics.
- Design, implement, troubleshoot and support control system electronics/software for RF power delivery systems and/or subsystems (i.e. high-power switching circuits).
- Produce design documentation when required.
- Participate in firmware design reviews and recommend improvements.
- Develop electrical hardware and software designs that meet various technical, financial, geometric and other design constraints using some combination of modeling, simulation, prototyping, testing, analysis, etc.
- Support new technology development initiatives and other critical projects.
- Communicate effectively in both oral and written form, critical technical information regarding electronic and electrical system design and performance.
- Interface with product engineering and other cross-functional teams as required.
- Analyze and troubleshoot application issues in a timely fashion, often at a customer site.
qualifications: POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
- BS in Electrical or Computer Engineering and 4+ years of experience required
- Experience with High Gate Count FPGAs required
- VHDL programming experience with FPGAs required
- Experience with IP Core integration into FPGAs required
- Experience with FPGA synthesis, mapping to target FPGA devices and timing analysis required.
- Experience in communications and signal processing background desired.
- Experience with high-speed communication interfaces desired.
- Experience with embedded microprocessors required.
- Experience developing FPGA test benches for test/validation purposes desired.
- Experience with C++ Object Oriented Design principles is required.
- Experience with ARM Processors is desired.
- Experience with Dual-Core Asymmetric Multi-processor concept is desired.
- Experience with Python is desired.
- Familiar with Xilinx Development Tools (ISE Design Suite, Vivado Design Suite, and System Generator for DSP) desired.
- Hands-on laboratory experience is critical and required. Specifically experience with Logic Analyzers and Oscilloscopes is vital.
- Familiarity with MATLAB and Simulink (HDL Coder) is desired.
- Experience with configuration management tools (Perforce) desired.
- Experience with Atlassian tools (Jira, Confluence) desired.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
skills: OTHER INFORMATION:
- Domestic & international travel.
- Ability to support last-minute travel.
- Occasional work hour flexibility to accommodate international conferencing and deadlines.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.