- Program Release Manager - You will drive program-wide adherence to the Release Management lifecycle which includes scheduling, coordinating and the management of releases for multiple applications supporting the Be Fast & Flexible (BFF) initiative for the company. You will serve as a leader and focal point with IT and Business stakeholders, addressing technical and operational needs.
- You will implement, manage, and mature release planning, release execution, and post release processes to ensure timely release delivery and alignment with program objectives. Scope will be driven by numerous requirements including new software development, maintenance to existing applications, operational readiness activities, and a large scale migration of data and business to new systems.
- Responsibilities also include grooming of our Release Calendar, working closely with Release Managers, Delivery Leads, and other Business and IT representatives from across the program. Emphasis will be on managing interdependencies to ensure milestone adherence and measurable release integrity.
- This is a right-to-hire position as we would like to bring the resource on permanently.
location: Horsham, Pennsylvania
job type: Contract
salary: $49.50 - 61.75 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
education: No Degree Required
In this role you will:
- Forward plan the release windows and cycles across our BFF program. Accommodate peak season scheduling and other operational constraints.
- Drive release risk management, working with stakeholders to mitigate and plan contingencies.
- Manage risks and resolves issues that affect release scope, schedule and quality.
- Measure and monitor progress to ensure releases are delivered on time and that they meet or exceed expectations.
- Coordinate release content.
- Develop and manage a communication plan that effectively engages all stakeholders in the release process.
- Communicate all key project plans, commitments, and changes including requirements, QA plans, schedule, and scope changes.
- Manage relationships and coordinate work between IT and Business stakeholders.
- Drive the execution of Release Readiness reviews, Milestone Reviews, and Business Go/No-Go reviews.
- Ensure appropriate release documentation and adherence to controls.
- Continually work towards making improvements in the release process.
- Provide release-level coordination across all release activities, from planning through post implantation monitoring.
- Engage in the definition and ongoing implementation of our DevOps culture and practices.
- Measure progress of release management maturity and communicate to all levels of the organization.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 2-6 years of previous release and/or project management experience, (Solid understanding of project management principles preferred).
- 8-10 years of experience in information systems operations environment in systems analysis or development.
- Formal training in project and program management practices preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of software development lifecycle.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional work teams toward task completion.
- Demonstrated effective leadership and analytical skills.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills are a must.
- 2+ years of experience with Agile and Waterfall software development practices (preferred).
- Experience with Rally (CA Agile Central) is preferred.
- Strong risk management skills and experience.
- Demonstrated proficiency in basic computer applications, such as Microsoft Office software products.
- Ability to influence change at the leadership levels to the team level and form productive relationships quickly.
- Demonstrated communication, facilitation, leadership and problem-solving skills.
skills: systems analysis, development, rally, agile, waterfall, risk management
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.