Edge Network Engineer - Site Locations - LAN/wan/WiFi Summary Description
Our Fortune 500 Client is seeking a highly skilled Senior Network Engineer to help drive innovation and transformation for their global enterprise network. Interested professionals should be motivated by advanced technologies, be a catalyst for change, and have vision for identifying and aligning technology solutions to help support business opportunities.
Qualified candidates should have 8+ years of network design and implementation experience, working across wide range of telecommunication technologies and services including; LAN, WAN, Security, wireless, remote access, load balancing, and cloud connectivity. The candidates must also exhibit strong professional skills including communications, self-motivated, adaptable and dependable.
location: Cincinnati, Ohio
job type: Contract
salary: $45 - 85 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
education: No Degree Required
responsibilities: Essential Responsibilities
- Lead creation of network infrastructure designs, configurations, standards and documentation to effectively deliver network solutions
- Lead lifecycle management process to ensure clearly defined roadmaps for new technology solutions ensuring seamless transformation and adoption by the business
- Define and document technical requirements for new capabilities, working with key suppliers to solution, build and lab certify ensuring compliance with all functional, operational and business objectives. Develop proposals and communicate outcomes that address business value/risk and gain stakeholder approval.
- Collaborate closely with peer IT organizations helping to influence, guide and direct technical outcomes; ensuring mutual strategy alignment.
- Highest escalation point for critical and/or chronic incidents, provide subject matter leadership to Operations, helping to restore service.
- Key contributor in the definition and creation of new tools and automation capabilities, driving software defined capabilities that improve outcomes, minimizing risk, and promote agility.
- Provide training and technical leadership to all key stakeholder organizations ensuring successful knowledge transfer, and the ability to be self-sufficient in support of their primary roles.
- Lead/Contributor on key network projects, representing the organization and working closely with Project Managers, Operations, Business Units, Suppliers, Peer Organizations and IT stakeholders
- Ability to architect repeatable, reliable, and scalable solutions with fault tolerance, performance tuning, monitoring systems, statistics/metrics collection, and disaster recovery
qualifications: Desired Characteristics
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in in support of business critical programs
- Must be able to work independently to gather requirements and translate those into solutions
- Competent in using Microsoft Office suite for effective collaboration and communications
- Strong analytical skills, able to leverage complex data to identify opportunities, recognize problems, and draw logical conclusions.
- Ability to produce and present technical information to both technical and non-technical personnel
- Good temperament, ability to manage stressful situations. Ability to provide customer-facing support in a professional manner.
- Team work; establish and maintain effective and appropriate working relationships with those contacted during the course of the work day.
- Available to work off hours during the evenings and weekends as required, sometimes with little advanced notice. Additionally, participate in a week-long on-call rotation.
skills: Technical Competencies and Experience
Technical certifications, strong knowledge and experience of the following network, voice and security technologies, protocols and services is highly desired:
- Certifications Preferred: CCDA, CCNA, CCNP, CCIE, SUSE, JNCIE, JNCIA, JNCP, ACE
- Working knowledge of network features and protocols such as spanning tree, TCP/IP V4/V6, SIP, ARP, CDP, EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, VTP, Etherchannel, 802.1Q trunking, MLS, HSRP, GLBP, VSS/VSL, QoS, Multicast, 802.11a/b/g/n/ac, IPsec, RADIUS/TACACS+, SNMP, NTP, and HTTP
- Knowledge of Carrier Services - WAN Circuits, MPLS, VPNS, VRFs, DWDM, Frame Relay, Point to Point, OCx, DS3, E/T1s
- Knowledge of networking infrastructure suppliers and service offerings including; Cisco, Viptela, F5 Networks, Aruba, Juniper, Checkpoint, Palo Alto, Riverbed, Zscaler, Sonus, and Avaya.
- Experience with applications and services such as; Cisco ACS/ISE, Ansible, CA Spectrum /eHealth, EMC Smarts, Cisco Prime, Solarwinds, DiamondIP, ServiceNow, Wireshark, and Splunk
- Expertise with the following operating systems; Cisco IOS/NXOS, Linux, Unix, Microsoft
- Familiarity with IT governance standards and compliance including ITIL, PCI, and SOC
- Experience in standard load balancer design, SSL termination, and overall application/solution design (L4-7)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.