NO CUSTOMER INTERACTION! Are you the type of person who prefers to work with hand tools doing detail hand work with circuit boards, soldering and assembling generators and amplifiers?
Our Rochester, NY based client is looking for an outstanding candidate who prefers not to interact with customer, but LOVES to perform in-house servicing, repair, and /or installation of company Products. POSITION PURPOSE: The Service Support Technician II will perform in-house servicing, repair and/or installation of company Products. This position may include any aspect of field/customer support, and is not limited to system hardware and software.
location: Rochester, New York
job type: Permanent
salary: $40,000 - 60,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
responsibilities: POSITION DUTIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Provide technical support to customers on operational or maintenance aspects of system
- Serve as the customer contact on technical and service related problems.
- Using established procedures, diagnose and repair mechanical, hardware, software and
- Determine most cost effective repair/resolution to minimize customer downtime.
- Prepare reports for analysis of product failure trends and serviceability issues.
- Other projects, tasks and jobs as assigned.
qualifications: SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Associates degree or equivalent experience.
- 1 - 2 years of related experience.
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks and priorities.
- Ability to work with hand tools.
- Familiarity with SPC/defect charting and problem solving techniques preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Possess MS Office and computer skills.
skills: OTHER INFORMATION:
- Occasional work hour flexibility to accommodate customer requirements and deadlines.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.