Our West Michigan Client is looking for an Application SME who will be responsible for analyzing business requirements and determining solution designs to turn over to the development team and oversee development as a technical lead.
location: Caledonia, Michigan
job type: Contract
salary: $40 - 60 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
education: No Degree Required
- Provide expertise in the design and functionality of business applications
- Understand customers business processes and products and how best they can be supported by the application systems.
- Review and validate the detailed technical design for business applications provided by the supplier to ensure alignment with business requirements.
- Perform quality review checks on project deliverables.
- Validate suppliers estimates.
- Perform impact analysis of application changes across various components, holding an end-to-end view of the system.
- Estimate Rough Order of Magnitude for the level of effort/cost of new application functionality.
- Specify / recommend integration and parallel testing criteria.
- Support the implementation activities, troubleshooting system environmental issues, as required.
- This is a technical role - not a PM role
- Strong experience as Systems Analyst or SME to write functional design
- Understand and review code and understand methods, standard, and logic
- Understand web service integrations, API/web service calls
- Strong understanding of DB2 and SQL
- 5+ years of experience in solution design/subject matter analysis
- Java and JSF experience
- Experience in WebSphere environment
- Web Service Integration
- AIX & Linux environment
- DB2/Distributed DB2
- SQL and SQL application tuning
- WebSphere ECI/EPI communication interface to CICS Transaction Gateway (CTG) preferred
- IBM Rational Suite (RTC) - Source Control, Code Merge preferred
- Understanding of Policy processing from UI to Middleware to Database preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.