This Enterprise Data Modeler will be responsible for the creation of logical data modeling and data flows. They will also develop a solid understanding of the various source data sets and assist in laying out the overall data design solutions.
location: Chantilly, Virginia
job type: Permanent
salary: $125,000 - 133,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
- Create conceptual, logical data model, data flows, and data management specifications.
- Develop business and technical understanding of various source systems for integration in conceptual and logical data model.
- Develop solid understanding of the various source data sets and assist in laying out the overall data design solutions.
- Promote data modeling standardization, defines and drives adoption of the standards.
- Establish governance processes around metadata to ensure an integrated definition of data for enterprise information, and to ensure the accuracy, validity, and re-usability of metadata.
- 4 - 8 years of experience with ERWIN or ER/Studio or any other enterprise data modeling tool.
- Experience with managing models for multiple systems.
- Experience in design of Big Data Environments which utilize technologies such as distributed processing (for example Hadoop), non-relational and/or unstructured data stores.
- Experience in the review of various data life cycle artifacts of the DRM such as:
- Data Dictionary
- Data Flow Diagram
- Data Quality Plans
- Experience in the creation of data management plans, data migration plans and the upkeep of system data dictionaries.
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering,Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics or a related academic focus-area.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Expert knowledge in the design of transactional and dimensional business intelligence data stores, as well as and data integration (ETL processes)
- Expert knowledge in the creation of physical, conceptual and logical data models at both the system and enterprise level, using tools such as Erwin
- Expert knowledge in design of Service-Oriented Architecture at the enterprise-level, to maximize a consistent method of information exchange, as well as to maximize reuse and orchestration of services
- Expert knowledge of the IT systems development life cycle
- Excellent understanding of - and experience creating business reference models and data reference models in alignment with FEA.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.